Cassia javanica

Pravin Kawale

Apr 25, 2011, 3:34:02 AM4/25/11

Apr 25, 2011, 3:39:25 AM4/25/11

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

formp...@yahoo.com

Apr 25, 2011, 4:40:15 AM4/25/11
to Pravin Kawale, Efloraindia
Wow! Why the fillament of anther is swollen like a baloon of a dropper? Saw first time.
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

mani nair

Apr 25, 2011, 5:01:19 AM4/25/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Pravin Kawale, Efloraindia

Beautiful flowers
Thanks for sharing
Mani.

Pinki

Apr 25, 2011, 5:47:12 AM4/25/11
to efloraofindia
The synonym of the species is Cassia nodosa or Cassia javanica subsp.
nodosa, a name given to it for the presence of this swelling on the
anthers...

Alok

Satish Phadke

Apr 25, 2011, 6:02:00 AM4/25/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Pinki ji
Thanks for the information regarding the important character of this species.
Dr Phadke

Satish Phadke

Apr 25, 2011, 6:03:10 AM4/25/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
I think you mean the nodular swelling on the stamens rather than the anthers.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 25, 2011, 6:09:22 AM4/25/11
to Satish Phadke, Pinki, efloraofindia
Filaments rather than anthers.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ushadi micromini

Apr 25, 2011, 9:13:24 AM4/25/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dr Singh: what's the function of such specialized
filaments..... seems to me to be able to invite some special
pollinator?
what could it be?
i wonder???
ushadi