Re: MS 140711 -40 - Strelitzia reginae -Bird of paradise.

M Swamy

Jul 14, 2011, 9:53:37 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia
Strelitzia reginae -Bird of paradise, crane flower.
Family: Strelitziaceae. Photos  taken  on  11.7.2011.  Place:  Ramakrishnashrama, Mysore.  Like many of our most flamboyant and fascinating plants, the bird-of-paradise flower is native to South Africa.
IMG_4391.JPG
IMG_4393.JPG
IMG_4394.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 14, 2011, 10:19:08 PM7/14/11
to M Swamy, efloraofindia
Yes Swamy ji
One of the very commonly planted house plants in California.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jul 17, 2011, 4:12:11 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia
yes... in southern us states, its rampant...
so common that we never photographed it...
now it seems i must..just to document...

and being planted by people who want to make money in
cut flower upscale market in india... many private gardens
and farms are growing these as a cash crop in bengal and
most likely nearby old bihar...now two states...
where ever its hot dry and some controlled rain...
usha di
======