Identification

prasad dash

Jan 20, 2011, 1:11:08 AM1/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all the photograph 1 was taken at an altitude of 800m above msl at Keonjhar district of Orissa during April, 2019. Please help me to id this.

The photograph 2 ( Plectelis gigantea) is taken in Nov, 2019 at 1000 m msl at Kalahandi district of orissa.  Pankaj could you please confirm this?

Regards
Prasad

--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Ritesh Choudhary

Jan 20, 2011, 2:10:17 AM1/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Prasad Dash ji,

I would request you to post different plants in separate mails and
resizing your photos upto 150K only.

BTW, your photo 1 (Orissa.jpg) is Alpinia malaccensis (Zingiberaceae).

Regards,
Ritesh.

Neil Soares

Jan 20, 2011, 2:26:13 AM1/20/11
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary
Hi,
 Affirmative. Photograph 2 is Waghchora [Pecteilis gigantea]. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this.
                   With regards,
                     Neil Soares.

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 20, 2011, 10:24:41 AM1/20/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Yes Prasad, the second pic seems like Pecteilis gigantea!!
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology