funghii for id mm1 01092011

Mohina Macker

Sep 1, 2011, 7:22:26 AM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
this fungus was growing in grass on the edge of a paddy field in goa
it was approximately three inches long and about three fouths of an inch thick
the photographs were taken towards the end of july this year
i would like to request an identification
regards
mohina macker
IMG_0115 aa.jpg
IMG_0113 aa.jpg
IMG_0114 aa.jpg

prasad dash

Sep 1, 2011, 7:41:13 AM9/1/11
to Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
This is Phallus indusiatus, Basidiomycetes (The stinkhorn fungus/long net stinkhorn). The net is not properly visible here (If i am right). Please find my image from Orissa.Please follow the link to conform.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Tanay Bose

Sep 1, 2011, 9:56:32 AM9/1/11
to prasad dash, Mohina Macker, efloraofindia
Nice shot of one of the most awesome looking mushroom
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 1, 2011, 3:49:37 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Beautiful pics both of you. Thanks for sharing.

On Sep 1, 6:56 pm, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice shot of one of the most awesome looking mushroom
> Tanay
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:41 AM, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > This is *Phallus indusiatus*, Basidiomycetes (The stinkhorn fungus/long
> > net stinkhorn). The net is not properly visible here (If i am right). Please
> > find my image from Orissa.Please follow the link to conform.
>
> >http://threatenedtaxa.org/ZooPrintJournal/2010/July/o230526vii101096-...
>
> > Regards
>
> > Prasad
>
> > On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Mohina Macker <mohinamac...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> this fungus was growing in grass on the edge of a paddy field in goa
> >> it was approximately three inches long and about three fouths of an inch
> >> thick
> >> the photographs were taken towards the end of july this year
> >> i would like to request an identification
> >> regards
> >> mohina macker
>
> > --
> > Prasad Kumar Dash
> > Ecologist, Orissa, India
> > email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com
> > ph. 09437444241
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

Ushadi micromini

Sep 1, 2011, 11:01:50 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Very unusual, like abridal veil... is it truly a part of this
mushroom? what's the function of a veil ???

Usha di

=======
> > *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/...

mohina macker

Sep 2, 2011, 3:07:32 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Many thanks for the id and the interesting paper
I think the skirts of the goa mushrooms got shredded because of the
severe rains at that time
regards
mohina macker