Flora of Haryana: Prosopis glandulosa from a village near Karnal

Balkar Arya

Aug 1, 2011, 9:48:54 PM8/1/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All
Prosopis glandulosa
from a village near Karnal
Roadside tree, wild ( may be planted by Forest a deptt but only 2 tree can bee seen)

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Prosopis glandulosa (1).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (17).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (18).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (20).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (6).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (7).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (9).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (10).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (11).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (14).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (15).JPG
Prosopis glandulosa (16).JPG

Mahadeswara

Aug 2, 2011, 6:53:59 AM8/2/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Nice photographs of different views. Thanks for sharing.
>  Prosopis glandulosa (1).JPG
> 293KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (6).JPG
> 220KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (7).JPG
> 131KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (9).JPG
> 353KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (10).JPG
> 132KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (11).JPG
> 212KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (14).JPG
> 291KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (15).JPG
> 337KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (16).JPG
> 170KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (17).JPG
> 123KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (18).JPG
> 244KViewDownload
>
>  Prosopis glandulosa (20).JPG
> 355KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Sep 10, 2011, 1:45:27 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia
Balkarji:
Is this the same as Honey Mesquite, a native of Arizona desert...

I was looking for Arizona native Lonicera... and ran into this
site... site itself is very interesting.. and found this name.. that I
thought rang a bell as having seen in eflora forum recently... and
sure it has the same name...

Now I wonder how did a native of Arizona flourish in Haryana?

ushadi
======

Balkar Arya

Sep 10, 2011, 3:27:09 AM9/10/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes Ushadi Ji
it is, i also think Honey Mesquite
I dont know why this name but i have seen lots of Bees on its flowers.
After the visit when i saw this tree. I am looking for it at another places also. But not even a single tree could be found except that little stretch of about 500 mts near Karnal. I have to enquire more in this matter