Voting for October is instant: Best Photograph and Best Set of Photographs

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 6, 2011, 2:54:30 AM10/6/11
to efloraofindia

Dear friends

As notified earlier, the voting for the month of October is instant. Just bookmark/set as favourites the two forms meant for voting and  use them for voting as and when you like a particular photograph/set of photographs. It would be much more convenient to open both these when you are checking your inbox and keep them minimised for easy use when needed.

Dinesh ji has now embedded the forms in the eFl website for the ease and convenience. Here are the links to these:

1. Please make sure that you copy and paste the whole subject line as it appears in your inbox.

2. The photograph should be identified by the file name as it appears adjacent to the thumbnail. In certain mails e.g. from Dinesh ji where you don't see the attachment or thumbnail and rather blank boxes, when you click these a new page with photograph opens with web address like http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2561348276/. Please enter the the number at end  (2561348276 in this case) as the file name.

YOUR COOPERATION IN FOLLOWING THESE REQUESTS WILL MAKE OUR JOB OF COUNTING VOTES MUCH MORE CONVENIENT.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 6, 2011, 3:19:07 AM10/6/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Dear Dinesh Sir
Is it possible to have these below each mail automatically:

*Best Photograph of the Month*
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/best-of-the-month/best-photograph-of-the-month/2011

*Best Set of Photograph in the Month*
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/best-of-the-month/best-set-of-photographs/2011

Pankaj

On Oct 6, 2:54 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends
>
> As notified earlier, the voting for the month of October is instant. Just
> bookmark/set as favourites the two forms meant for voting and  use them for
> voting as and when you like a particular photograph/set of photographs. It
> would be much more convenient to open both these when you are checking your
> inbox and keep them minimised for easy use when needed.
>
> Dinesh ji has now embedded the forms in the eFl website for the ease and
> convenience. Here are the links to these:
>
> *Best Photograph of the Month*https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/best-of-the-month/best-ph...
>
> *Best Set of Photograph in the Month*https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/best-of-the-month/best-se...
>
> 1. Please make sure that you copy and paste the whole subject line as it
> appears in your inbox.
>
> 2. The photograph should be identified by the file name as it appears
> adjacent to the thumbnail. In certain mails e.g. from Dinesh ji where you
> don't see the attachment or thumbnail and rather blank boxes, when you click
> these a new page with photograph opens with web address likehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2561348276/. Please enter the the

Dinesh Valke

Oct 6, 2011, 3:24:03 AM10/6/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
That is asking each member to put those lines in their own signatures.
Not a good practice.

Gmail OR the Group app does not have this facility from their end.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 6, 2011, 4:02:18 AM10/6/11
to Dinesh Valke, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
You have clue for every thing
But as you said not good in practice.
I think opening once and keeping these two pages minimised/inactive tabs is much more convenient

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 6, 2011, 4:12:20 AM10/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes thats a good idea. Infact I was doing the same !!
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Dinesh Valke

Oct 6, 2011, 5:07:12 AM10/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji, apologies for having responded hastily.
My response was intended to Pankaj ji and not to your post.

What you have proposed is perfectly alright.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 6, 2011, 5:23:10 AM10/6/11
to Dinesh Valke, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I knew that Dinesh ji. I was only appreciating your brilliance and agreeing with your suggestion. Sorry if you read it otherwise.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

formp...@yahoo.com

Oct 7, 2011, 1:25:03 AM10/7/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, Efloraindia, Dinesh Valke
Fantastic idea. Will allow me to vote.
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

mani nair

Oct 7, 2011, 1:30:06 AM10/7/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Dr Pankaj Kumar, Efloraindia, Dinesh Valke
This is a good idea.  I already bookmarked both.

Regards,

Mani.