Bauhinia roxburghiana

Satish Phadke

Sep 29, 2011, 11:52:07 PM9/29/11
to indiantreepix
Bauhinia roxburghiana Voigt.
Syn.
Bauhinia emarginata G. don.
Family : Caesalpiniaceae
NATIVE. Distribution in Mah. In open forests Chandrapur. Planted in gardens.
Attached  pictures from Agharkar Institute Pune.
Moderate sized tree, deciduous,bark dark brown, rough.Leaves 10-15 cm long,connate almost to the apex.,coriaceous.
Flowers yellow with purple streaks in large terminal panicles. Pods 7.5-15cm long flattened gradually widening to an obtuse tip

--
Dr Satish Phadke
_MG_4076s.jpg

Tanay Bose

Sep 29, 2011, 11:53:37 PM9/29/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Awesome Satish ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 12:00:56 AM9/30/11
to Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Satish ji, very nice photographs
Here are mine from Delhi University Campus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 12:23:46 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Vow!!!!! very beautiful!!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Prashant awale

Sep 30, 2011, 6:32:03 AM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Too good Satish ji. Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Prashant

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:41:43 AM9/30/11
to Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Its beautiful Satishji!!!
--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:46:22 AM9/30/11
to Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Satishji and to all
Any chances of identification of Bauhinia on basis of leaves?
OR should i wait for flowering!!
As all the current plants i am coming across are without flowers (mostly), which is poising a problem for me, for identification!!!

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 6:50:43 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Please wait for flowers to appear
You will then associate leaves with flowers

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:53:47 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, Tanay Bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thought so!!!

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 6:55:18 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, indiantreepix
Yes perseverance. I have been following some plants to catch flowers since 2005 when I started this as hobby.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:59:18 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
I agree...i need more patience....
Will wait and hopefully will be able to go and catch up with flowers!!

mani nair

Sep 30, 2011, 7:16:06 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Excellent photos from Satish ji and Gurcharan ji.
Regards,
Mani.