Re: Ethno-pharmacology and Ethno botany, Yarrow and other Indian herbs [efloraofindia:68411] Re: Garden plant for ID 280411MK3

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 30, 2011, 12:48:14 AM4/30/11
to Ushadi micromini, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, ravi shankar
Thanks Usha di and others for this interesting discussion.

As you describe the tongue numbing effects of Yarrow ( Achillea Millefolium ) i am reminded of another common Indian herb called Gurmar ( Gymnema Sylvestre ) whose tongue numbing effects i have myself had the occasion to taste and interestingly both these have been purportedly utilized as anti-diabetics although i am not sure if there is any hard ethno-pharmacological evidence to suggest any effect of benefit.

I am copying this to my friend Dr Ravi Shankar with an interest in ethno pharmacology for his inputs.

regards,

rakesh

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Ushadi micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Gurucharan ji:
thank you for the feed back...
verification from someone like is very important  for people like me
when they are learning...
Usha di

====