Convolvulaceae for id 181010MK3

Muthu Karthick

Oct 18, 2010, 2:35:01 AM10/18/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this Argeryia species. First I thought this is the same as Dineshji's A. sericea; but looks different. Kindly comment.
Picture taken at Kuttupatti, a valley in off-shoot of southern western ghats.

Date/Time-

12-09-2010 / 03:00 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.400 asl; Dindigul dist; TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

wild

Plant Habit-

climbing shrub

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca.7 X 5cm; retuse tip

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

ca.3cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

2cm across;

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

Muthu Karthick

Oct 27, 2010, 1:49:33 AM10/27/10
to indiantreepix
Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

Balkar Arya

Oct 27, 2010, 10:12:29 AM10/27/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
A. nervosa
called as Samudra Sokh in our area

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dinesh Valke

Oct 27, 2010, 10:25:07 AM10/27/10
to Balkar Arya, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
... may be another species of Argyreia ... for A. nervosa, the unmistakable fluffy white (bracts or) calyx is missing ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2852873593/
Regards.

Balkar Arya

Oct 27, 2010, 11:01:29 AM10/27/10
to Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
You are right Dinesh Ji
another option is A hookeri

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2010, 12:21:04 AM11/18/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, C KUNHIKANNAN, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“A. nervosa

called as Samudra Sokh in our area

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh”

“... may be another species of Argyreia... for A. nervosa, the unmistakable fluffy white (bracts or) calyx is missing ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2852873593/

“You are right Dinesh Ji
another option is A hookeri” from Balkar ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1420 members & 52,000 messages on 26/10/10 & with a database of around 4200 species on 30/9/10)

Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 5, 2010, 8:56:34 PM12/5/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“A. nervosa

called as Samudra Sokh in our area

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh”

“... may be another species of Argyreia... for A. nervosa, the unmistakable fluffy white (bracts or) calyx is missing ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2852873593/

“You are right Dinesh Ji
another option is A hookeri” from Balkar ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Oct 10, 2016, 12:24:56 AM10/10/16
to efloraofindia
Seeking opinion
earlier suggestion by Balkar ji Argyreia hookeri

Gurcharan Singh
Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2016, 2:11:31 AM10/17/16
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2016, 3:51:53 AM10/17/16
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks a lot, Shimpale ji.
Than the images by Muthu ji at Argyreia for identification 050813MK01 will also be of Argyreia pilosa. Pl. confirm.
Also the images by Anurag ji at ANMAR27/47 Convolvulaceae for identification will be of some other species ? Pl. correct.

Oct 25, 2016, 4:53:34 AM10/25/16
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Posted images seems to match with type images of Argyreia pilosa at http://convolvulaceae.myspecies.info/content/argyreia-pilosa-6 as identified by Vinod Simpale ji.

May I request someone to help in this matter.
Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

lalithamba

Oct 25, 2016, 11:45:41 AM10/25/16
to efloraofindia, nmk...@gmail.com
It is not Argyreia pilosa; reasons the young stems/ branchlets are not reddish hirsute; leaf apex is not acute;  flowers not in capitate heads etc.,
thank you
regards
A.Lalithamba

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2017, 4:34:18 AM10/31/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam
To me appears more closer to images at Argyreia hirsuta Wight & Arn. as per comparative images at Argyreia
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2017, 5:35:09 AM10/31/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

Jan 10, 2018, 7:48:26 AM1/10/18
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Muthu Karthick, Sushant More, Anurag sharma
Argerya (1).jpg
Argerya (2).jpg
Argerya (3).jpg
Argerya (4).jpg
Argerya (5).jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2019, 3:13:05 AM9/24/19
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Balkar Arya, Lalithamba Avadhanam