Re: [efloraofindia:41076] Baobabs in Delhi

Message has been deleted

Rashida Atthar

Jul 12, 2010, 9:53:23 AM7/12/10
to rkarnad, efloraofindia
In the book 'Trees of Delhi', pg 207 where the tree is described the following is mentioned --
"Where to see it: Delhi's largest baobab, in Buddha Jayanti Park, was decapitated in as windstorm in 2004, but should recover and resprout. One young specimen in the Indian Institute of Immunology, near JNU. Lodi Garden lost a 9- year- old tree to a fire in 2000 "
Hope this helps.

regards,
Rashida.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM, rkarnad <rka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear group,

I'm urgently looking for information on the location of baobab trees
in Delhi.

I've found some minor discussion on Flickr about a tree-lover in Delhi
who apparently planted 7-8 baobabs in a North Delhi school. I'm very
keen to find this gentleman.

Any leads on any trees appreciated!

Very sincerely,
Raghu

Tabish

Jul 12, 2010, 10:16:10 AM7/12/10
to efloraofindia
There is one large Baobab in Greater Kailash 2 market, in the park
opposite Annapurna sweet shop. Not many seem to know about it.
- Tabish

On Jul 12, 6:53 pm, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the book 'Trees of Delhi', pg 207 where the tree is described the
> following is mentioned --
> "Where to see it: Delhi's largest baobab, in Buddha Jayanti Park, was
> decapitated in as windstorm in 2004, but should recover and resprout. One
> young specimen in the Indian Institute of Immunology, near JNU. Lodi Garden
> lost a 9- year- old tree to a fire in 2000 "
> Hope this helps.
>
> regards,
> Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 12, 2010, 11:14:15 PM7/12/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
One young tree in the lawn of my College (SGTB Khalsa College), Delhi University campus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Adansonia-digitata-Khalsa-a.jpg
Adansonia-digitata-Khalsa-b.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 12, 2010, 11:58:40 PM7/12/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, efloraofindia
The baby looks cute, rarely do we see get to see a young tree of this plant over the available sources
Thanks for sharing
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 13, 2010, 10:22:51 AM12/13/10
to Shiva.N. Kumar, efloraofindia, shiva.a...@gmail.com
Shiva ji
No question of hurting expertise. We are all learning Indian Flora.

It would have been much better if you had given the name of the plant. We bought ir from nursery like that.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Shiva.N. Kumar <shiva....@gmail.com> wrote:
dear Dr.Gurcharan Singh
without hurting your "expertise"...
i think the photo sent is NOT of the Baobab Tree.
sorry for the delayed reply...
cheers.