plant identification

Madhuri Raut

Jul 28, 2011, 11:41:58 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia
Kindly identify this plant from my garden. It gets small white flowers. I have tried a lot to find its name
Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

Jul 28, 2011, 11:43:48 AM7/28/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Ushadi micromini, J. M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
270720111429.jpg
270720111428.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 28, 2011, 11:49:56 AM7/28/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, J. M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
Madhuri ji, not familiar with this plant.
Please wait for comments.
Regards.
Dinesh

hari lal

Jul 28, 2011, 12:23:40 PM7/28/11
to Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, J. M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
i think bacopa monieri if plant live in water or need more water in
garden white flower 4 carolla.

--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Smilax004

Jul 28, 2011, 12:41:26 PM7/28/11
to Madhuri Raut, indiantreepix
The picture is not clear. Leaf shape and size flower size and info
regarding whether flowers born axillary or terminal are not
available.
Hence it would be difficult to confirm the id.
Kindly post a clear picture with better focus. Since it is from your
garden it would be easy to get good snaps.

Regards,
Giby

>  270720111429.jpg
> 485KViewDownload
>
>  270720111428.jpg
> 577KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Jul 28, 2011, 9:29:20 PM7/28/11
to efloraofindia
Most likely NOT Bacopa monierri...
need better close up of face and side view of the flowers...
agree with what Giby has written
Usha di

========

Madhuri Raut

Jul 28, 2011, 11:57:25 PM7/28/11
to Smilax004, indiantreepix
Thanks all and sorry for the picture quality.
Attaching new pictures I hope it helps. It is a hanging
Regards
Bhagyashri
290720111436.jpg
290720111435.jpg

Vijayasankar

Jul 29, 2011, 1:24:14 AM7/29/11
to Madhuri Raut, Smilax004, indiantreepix
It looks like Pilea depressa.
Pl check this link: http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.blogspot.com/2008/09/random-plant-event-pilea-depressa.html

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Madhuri Raut

Jul 29, 2011, 2:03:26 AM7/29/11
to Vijayasankar, Smilax004, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot I was unable to find this name for very long
Regards
Bhagyashri

Giby Kuriakose

Jul 29, 2011, 9:42:25 AM7/29/11
to Madhuri Raut, indiantreepix
Thank you for uploading a better and clear picture that focused very nicely. Keep it up.
I am sure that these pictures helped Vijaysankar a lot to id the plant.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Madhuri Raut

Jul 29, 2011, 10:36:50 AM7/29/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, J. M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh
Kindly help me to identify this plant. it is a potted plant in my garden
Regards
Bhagyashri
270720111427.jpg
270720111426.jpg

Madhuri Raut

Jul 29, 2011, 10:42:25 AM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Kindly help me identify this potted plant in my garden
Regards
Bhagyashri
270720111426.jpg
270720111427.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 29, 2011, 12:31:45 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Pilea sp. (Family - Urticaceae)
Pankaj

On Jul 29, 11:03 am, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot I was unable to find this name for very long
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > It looks like *Pilea depressa*.
> > Pl check this link:
> >http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.blogspot.com/2008/09/random-plant-...
>
> > Regards
>
> > Vijayasankar Raman
> > National Center for Natural Products Research
> > University of Mississippi
>
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thanks all and sorry for the picture quality.
> >> Attaching new pictures I hope it helps. It is a hanging
> >> Regards
> >> Bhagyashri

ajinkya gadave

Jul 29, 2011, 1:26:06 PM7/29/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Schefflera arboricola
family:-Araliaceae
Common Name:Dwarf Umbrella Tree, Umbrella Tree, Parasol Plant,

Smilax004

Jul 29, 2011, 1:32:35 PM7/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Maduri,

When you post another species use a different subject other than
For this, you may need to change the subject when you post with a new
species id request.

Regards,
Giby
>  270720111426.jpg
> 645KViewDownload
>
>  270720111427.jpg
> 533KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

Jul 29, 2011, 11:46:04 PM7/29/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia

Thanks all for this advice. It was very frustrating when I tried to compose a mail for this new plant identification it kept getting added to my old mail and kept wondering why this is happening. Finally I tried to delete it from sent mail. quit gmail and then composed a new mail. May be it was happening because of same subject as you have rightly pointed out. I was not aware of this. Sorry for the inconvinience.

You may address me as Bhagyashri.
Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

Jul 30, 2011, 12:16:46 AM7/30/11
to ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
Thanks Ajinkyaji for identifying the plant. While surfing about this plant that you identified luckily I found the identification of a similar another plant that I have for years in my garden Brassaia actinophylla - Queensland Umbrella Tree Araliaceae. It grows very tall and I have to keep trimming it. It has never bloomed though.
Attaching pics
Regards
300720111447.jpg
300720111444.jpg