Herb for id from Kodaikanal 271010MK3

Muthu Karthick

Dec 27, 2010, 3:42:19 AM12/27/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this herb under a rotting wood found at Bryants park, Kodaikanal.

Date/Time-

06-11-2010 / 1:10 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.2100asl; Kodaikanal, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

roadside weed

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

ca. 20cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

2.5 x 1.5 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

axillary

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Kodai 236.jpg
Kodai 237.jpg

mani nair

Dec 27, 2010, 4:31:35 AM12/27/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Dear Muthu ji,
It looks like Laportea interrupta    from the Nettle family.
Regards,
Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 27, 2010, 5:12:10 AM12/27/10
to mani nair, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
I have doubts for this to be Laportea interrupta!
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 19, 2011, 4:13:15 AM1/19/11
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Mani ji.....................................................It looks like Laportea interrupta    from the Nettle family.

Pankaj ji.................................................I have doubts for this to be Laportea interrupta

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

Jan 24, 2011, 7:23:56 AM1/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
I think Mani ji may be right. Please check the link http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hen%27s%20Nettle.html
Regards
Yazdy.

Muthu Karthick

Mar 16, 2011, 1:36:20 AM3/16/11
to Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear all,
The distinct 3-nerved leaves (L.interrupta) are absent here in the plant I posted. In addition, the leaves are smaller (3 X 2 cm) here when compared to the L.interrupta.  Any other clue to this small herb?
--
Muthu Karthick, N

Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2011, 2:50:36 AM6/26/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“It looks like Laportea interrupta    from the Nettle family.
Regards,
Mani.”

“I have doubts for this to be Laportea interrupta!
Pankaj”

“I think Mani ji may be right. Please check the link http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hen%27s%20Nettle.html
Regards
Yazdy.”

"The distinct 3-nerved leaves (L.interrupta) are absent here in the plant I posted. In addition, the leaves are smaller (3 X 2 cm) here when compared to the L.interrupta.  Any other clue to this small herb?" from Muthu ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Kodai 236.jpg
Kodai 237.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2021, 8:11:21 AM11/11/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 11, 2021, 8:12:31 AM11/11/21
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Forwarding for ID

Mar 6, 2022, 2:16:34 AM3/6/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Kodai 236.jpg
Kodai 237.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2022, 1:16:03 AM3/10/22
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Hi, Muthu ji,
May I request you to post high res. images to check the details.

Mar 11, 2022, 3:11:06 AM3/11/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Attached are the relatively high res. images Garg ji.
Urticaceae (1).jpg
Urticaceae (2).jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 15, 2022, 1:41:16 AM3/15/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Any idea about the genus?

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“It looks like Laportea interrupta from the Nettle family.
Regards,
Mani.”

“I have doubts for this to be Laportea interrupta!
Pankaj”

“I think Mani ji may be right. Please check the link http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Hen%27s%20Nettle.html
Regards
Yazdy.”

"The distinct 3-nerved leaves (L.interrupta) are absent here in the plant I posted. In addition, the leaves are smaller (3 X 2 cm) here when compared to the L.interrupta.  Any other clue to this small herb?" from Muthu ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
Urticaceae (1).jpg
Urticaceae (2).jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2022, 12:13:01 PM3/21/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Any idea about the genus?

Mar 22, 2022, 12:24:00 AM3/22/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Any idea about the genus?

Mar 22, 2022, 12:24:14 AM3/22/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Any idea about the genus?

Mar 23, 2022, 12:19:04 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks a lot, Fu ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 24, 2022, 12:15:12 AM3/24/22
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Muthu Karthick
Thanks, Lalithamba ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg