Flora of Haryana: Terminalia Belerica from Dayal Singh College karnal

Balkar Arya

Aug 9, 2011, 2:25:14 PM8/9/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Terminalia Belerica from Dayal Singh College Karnal

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Terminalia Belerica (1).JPG
Terminalia Belerica (2).JPG
Terminalia Belerica (3).JPG
Terminalia Belerica (4).JPG

Neil Soares

Aug 9, 2011, 2:35:49 PM8/9/11
to indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
Hi Dr. Balkar,
    Nice photographs but they are of Mohua [Madhuca longifolia var. latifolia].
                          Regards,
                            Neil Soares.

Balkar Arya

Aug 9, 2011, 2:41:53 PM8/9/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Oh Really a great mistake

Balkar Arya

Aug 9, 2011, 2:46:58 PM8/9/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
I think i should sleep now

H S

Aug 12, 2011, 1:57:50 AM8/12/11
to Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
I guess Madhuca indica Gmelin

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 12, 2011, 3:06:33 AM8/12/11
to H S, Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Madhuca indica Gmelin is now correctly known as Madhuca longifolia var. latifolia (Roxb.) A. Chev.), identified by Neil ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

H S

Aug 12, 2011, 9:56:06 AM8/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Sirji it depends that somebody treat it at species level and some at variety level..

i consider both as distinct species..

regards,

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 12, 2011, 10:02:49 AM8/12/11
to H S, Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Dear H S
The database of our group and Flowers of India website have practice to follow established databases GRIN, The Plant List, Sorting Plant names. Some of us may have preference for our regional Floras, but nomenclature in these often gets outdated soon, and we have to follow the practice in recent Floras and databases.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

H S

Aug 12, 2011, 10:11:36 AM8/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Dear Sirji,
Sorry again, but i think its not a variation in the plant, both the species are quite different and they must be treated at the species level.

now its depend on group, whatever they follow???

regards,

rajank

Aug 13, 2011, 1:40:51 AM8/13/11
to efloraofindia
It is Madhuca llongifolia var. latifolia not the T. belerica.
Thanks for very nice closeup for fruits.

rajank