Indonesian Flower 4

Pudji Widodo

Dec 22, 2010, 8:03:11 PM12/22/10
to efloraofindia
Dear All,

A picture taken in Taman Topi (Hat Park) Bogor City Center.  It looks like Allamanda, ID is requested.  Thank you.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTTO 53122 INDONESIA
Allamanda_4 (2).JPG

tanay bose

Dec 22, 2010, 8:39:28 PM12/22/10
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
I wondering if this is Allamanda blanca
Kindly see from the link below

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2011, 4:54:39 AM4/9/11
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Pudji Widodo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I wondering if this is Allamanda blanca

Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Allamanda_4 (2).JPG

ajinkya gadave

Apr 9, 2011, 5:16:52 AM4/9/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tanay bose, Pudji Widodo
this is not alamanda
this is Solandra longiflora
common name is Trumpet plant

Tabish

Apr 9, 2011, 5:25:07 AM4/9/11
to efloraofindia
Hard to distinguish between Solandra longiflora and Solandra maxima.
However, if it is from Indonesia, it is more likely to be Solandra
longiflora.
- Tabish

On Apr 9, 2:16 pm, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this is not alamanda
> this is *Solandra longiflora*
> common name is Trumpet plant
>

> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> > Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> > “I wondering if this is *Allamanda blanca
> > *Kindly see from the link below
> >http://www.sansargroup.com/Allamanda%20sps.htm
>
> > Tanay”

Pudji Widodo

Apr 9, 2011, 12:27:50 PM4/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Tabish Ji, Garg Ji, Ajinkya Ji, Tanay Ji.

JM Garg

May 23, 2018, 3:55:06 AM5/23/18
to efloraofindia, ajinkya gadave, Tabish, Pudji Widodo
Taking it as Solandra grandiflora in view of discussions at Solandra grandiflora FOR VALIDATION :: Dattaji Salvi Udyan :: 10 MAY 18
Allamanda_4 (2).JPG

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2022, 12:58:14 PM9/23/22
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo
However, BSI Flora of India Checklist lists only Solandra maxima (Sesse & Moc.) P.S.Green (syn. Solandra grandiflora sensu Deb). POWO says 'It is a scrambling shrub and grows primarly in the seasonally dry tropical biome(s)' and CoL gives its introduction in Mauritius (I), Sri Lanka (I) (vs 'It is a epiphyte and grows primarly in the wet tropical biome(s)' for Solandra grandiflora Sw. by POWO).
In view, it is better to keep it as Solandra maxima (Sesse & Moc.) P.S.Green only.

Sep 23, 2022, 1:12:37 PM9/23/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Pudji Widodo
Keys given in the attached document by Tabish ji at Solandra grandiflora FOR VALIDATION :: Dattaji Salvi Udyan :: 10 MAY 18, also support this.

With regards,
J.M.Garg