identification no161110sn1

Satish Nikam

Nov 15, 2010, 11:29:57 PM11/15/10
to Indiantrees Pics

sir,
    kindly identify the grass found at my farm
Date/time:nov.10

Location:mulshi, 3000ft. above sealevel

Habitat:wild

Plant habit-tree/shrub/climber/herb: grass

Height/length:not above 1ft.

Leave type/shape/size

Fruits-type/shape/size/seeds

Other information-fragrance/pollinator uses etc. :pink colour,floppy

r- IMG_1924.jpg

VISHNU R

Nov 16, 2010, 5:11:06 AM11/16/10
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
i hope it is
                Botanical name: Eragrostis unioloides    Family: Poaceae (Grass family)

Vishnu R
College of Forestry
Thrissur

C KUNHIKANNAN

Nov 17, 2010, 12:58:19 PM11/17/10
to VISHNU R, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
it seems to me also Eragrostis unioloides
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 2, 2010, 2:43:29 AM12/2/10
to C KUNHIKANNAN, VISHNU R, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Eragrostis unioloides (Retz.) Steud. Synopsis Plantarum Glumacearum 1. 1854.

Syn: Poa unioloides Retz. [family POACEAE], Obs. Bot. 5: 19 (1789)

Protologue attached

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

PROTOLOGUE Eragrostis unioloides.jpg

Joshi Pankaj

Dec 2, 2010, 3:03:10 AM12/2/10
to Pankaj Kumar, C KUNHIKANNAN, VISHNU R, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Also agree with Sh.PankajKumar.
Pankaj N. Joshi, Ph.D
Jr. Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 235025, 329408; Fax: 235027
Cell: +91 94269 49523
Optional E-mail: pranav...@rediffmail.com