23072011-BS-2- a shrub for ID from Kunjpura Karnal Haryana

Balkar Arya

Jul 22, 2011, 8:31:08 PM7/22/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
pls id this Shrub
From Kunjpura Karnal road side area. Wild
About 5-6 ft high. no flowers could be seen. Leaves slightly leathery. Fruit about 2-3 cm long. Stem Thorny
Some of pics were taken at home as card was full there and i brought a twig of the plant at home to get more shots

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
IMG_5830Sm.JPG
IMG_5839Sm.JPG
IMG_5831Sm.JPG
IMG_5832Sm.JPG
IMG_5833Sm.JPG
IMG_5834Sm.JPG
IMG_5835Sm.JPG
IMG_5836Sm.JPG
IMG_5837Sm.JPG
IMG_5838Sm.JPG

Nayan Singh

Jul 22, 2011, 10:39:38 PM7/22/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Balanites aegyptiaca ?

thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
Aug 31, 2011, 4:01:44 PM8/31/11
to efloraofindia
Very nice, after you told us what it was I ggogled it...
found this is a very interesting, all round tree all of its parts are
useful...
thanks...
Usha di
======

On Aug 31, 9:16 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I think id provided by Nayan ji is right. Toady near Karnal we found a
> medium size tree of this sp with fruits. attaching images of that also
>
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>

> > Balanites aegyptiaca ?
>
> > thanks
> > Nayan.
> > N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> > Chief Conservator of Forests
> > and Field Director
> > Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> > M.P.
> > 09424792100

Balkar Arya

Aug 31, 2011, 8:34:42 PM8/31/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes Usha Ji Important Medicinal Plant

Balkar

Aug 26, 2014, 2:40:44 PM8/26/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All
Today I tried to solve thje puzzle and it appears that the attached plant is Balanites roxburghii. The plant was found in the area from where it was collected by Drummond in 1885. I am attaching the some pages from the following reference

The Desert Date and Its Relatives: A Revision of the Genus Balanites Author(s): Martin J. S. Sands Source: Kew Bulletin,Vol. 56, No. 1 (2001), pp. 1-128
balanites rox.pdf
balanites aeg.pdf

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2014, 1:27:28 AM9/4/14
to Balkar, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Thanks, Balkar ji.
Pages in the attachments are inverted. Is it possible to send them in normal position ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia