Acanthaceae week MS 060611 -34 .

M Swamy

Jun 6, 2011, 12:15:14 AM6/6/11
to efloraofindia

I photographed this plant during the month of May.   A wild plant which comes up even in burnt sites.  A hardy  small shrub with long spines and beautiful flowers.  I have not checked the details in the flora for its identity yet. I guess it could be a species of Barleria
(  Barleria buxifolia L. var. mysorensis  or B.mysorensis) .  ID requested.   Due to some camera problems I could not get the close ups or better photographs.

IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG

M Swamy

Jun 13, 2011, 8:07:08 AM6/13/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Attn. : Dr. Usha D.
 Forwarding again .
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 4:05:54 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, navend...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, M Swamy

I photographed this plant during the month of May.   A wild plant which comes up even in burnt sites.  A hardy  small shrub with long spines and beautiful flowers.  I have not checked the details in the flora for its identity yet. I guess it could be a species of Barleria
(  Barleria buxifolia L. var. mysorensis  or B.mysorensis) .  ID requested.   Due to some camera problems I could not get the close ups or better photographs.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG

JM Garg

Feb 29, 2020, 12:23:44 AM2/29/20
to efloraofindia, M Swamy
I think it should be Barleria mysorensis B.Heyne ex Roth only.
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 29, 2020, 7:05:15 AM2/29/20
to efloraofindia
Feb 29, 2020, 10:06:10 AM2/29/20
to efloraofindia
yes it is Barleria mysorensis ; very common in our area

J.M. Garg

Feb 29, 2020, 10:08:25 AM2/29/20
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, M Swamy
Thanks, Lalithamba ji