Potentilla gerardiana from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 18, 2010, 11:33:00 PM8/18/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Potentilla gerardiana Lindl. (syn: P. fragarioides Hook.f. (non L.), locally common in meadows, roadsides and hill slopes. Similar to P. supina in pinnate leaves, leaflets 5-9, all leaflets similar, but flowers are larger about 1.5 cm across , petals longer than sepals and leaves long hairy. Photographed from Pahalgam on June 20, 2010.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Potentilla-gerardiana-Kashmir-a.jpg
Potentilla-gerardiana-Kashmir-b.jpg
Potentilla-gerardiana-Kashmir-c.jpg
Potentilla-gerardiana-Kashmir-d.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 18, 2010, 11:44:54 PM8/18/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Nice and details catch Sir Ji
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2010, 1:05:22 PM10/26/10
to Flowers of India, Tabish, efloraofindia
As written in separate mail I think this to Potentilla clarkei now

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Nov 16, 2010, 4:04:08 AM11/16/10
to efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Gurcharan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Tabish, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback from another thread:

"Having uploaded the photographs of Potentilla gerardiana (syn: P. fragarioides) from Kashmir I was had found large stipules of the plant to be unusual.
Now having seen the specimens uploaded by Ritesh ji from Manali region which I think truly belong to P. gerardiana (syn: P. fragarioides; only species with pinnate leaves (not interruptly pinnate) and larger petals reported by Collet in Fl. Simlensis):
This leads me to rethink about the identity of my plant from Kashmir and am inclined to identify it with Potentilla clarkei, a species reported from Srinagar in FBI (page 351, S. No. 17).
The species is characterised by "Plant stout, with long spreading hairs, stipules large, leafy, lower leaflets smaller, inflorescence stiff with divaricate branches, bracts forming an involucre, petals yellow, obovate, stamens numerous"
I am uploading the photographs again for your valuable comments." from Singh ji.

Dec 4, 2010, 2:43:15 PM12/4/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, TANAY BOSE
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation as P. clarkei.