Fruits & Vegetables: Sauropus androgynous_RKC

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jan 8, 2011, 10:56:08 PM1/8/11
to efloraofindia
Sauropus androgynous

Euphorbiaceae.

Loc.: Itanagar, arunachal Pradesh (ca 550m)

Uses: Tender leaves are boiled and eaten by local tribes.

Regards,
Ritesh.

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 9, 2011, 12:16:39 AM1/9/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Nice catch Ritesh ji
Thanks for sharing
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Prashant awale

Jan 9, 2011, 2:58:34 AM1/9/11
to tanay bose, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Wow. What a collection Ritesh Ji. I liked "IMG_0121.jpg" photograph.
regards
Prashant

Mahadeswara

Jan 9, 2011, 5:55:38 AM1/9/11
to efloraofindia
The leaves are highly proteinaceous and used in culinary
preparations. We use the leaves for preparation of roti and dosa
(rice roti and dosa i.e. instead of onion /or in addition to onion
we can use this ). You can also prepare curry. We have tried
ourselves. Grows well in South India.

On Jan 9, 8:56 am, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary <ritesh....@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  IMG_0116.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0117.JPG
> 231KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0118.JPG
> 237KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0119.JPG
> 240KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0120.JPG
> 220KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0121.JPG
> 276KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0123.JPG
> 234KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0124.JPG
> 358KViewDownload

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 9, 2011, 6:20:41 AM1/9/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Very nice pictures Ritesh and thanks for sharing.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Muthu Karthick

Jan 10, 2011, 1:28:47 AM1/10/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
this plant has a name called "vitamin green",
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Balkar Arya

Jan 22, 2011, 1:26:53 PM1/22/11
to Muthu Karthick, Pankaj Kumar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Great capture Ritesh Ji

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh