07/05/2011/YRP/02/Naoroz Estate, Chethalayam, Wayanad, Kerala.

Yazdy Palia

May 7, 2011, 1:59:38 AM5/7/11
to indiantreepix
Friends, some pictures of Pomogrenate flowers and just forming fruit.
Date & Time 07/05/2011
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Garden.
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Tree.
Height, Length. 15 ft.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy.
You have been sent 4 pictures.

IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6281.JPG
IMG_6283.JPG
IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6281.JPG
IMG_6283.JPG
IMG_6284.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 7, 2011, 3:58:26 AM5/7/11
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
A rather strange tree, which does better than others in dry climate but the largest fruits I had seen was on trees growing on almost marshy ground in Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

May 7, 2011, 5:00:51 AM5/7/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Absolutely Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji, It is a fruit that grows best in
drier areas. My late father was a person who planted every kind of
fruit tree here. Pomegranate is a bit of a failure here in the sense,
though we get the fruits, it ripens during the monsoon and is not so
good, they do turn red and are sweet, but very small and they crack up
when mature, sometimes even before they ripen. Regards.
Yazdy.

mani nair

May 8, 2011, 10:24:20 AM5/8/11
to Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy ji, beautiful flower.  Yes, it grows well in drier areas where the rainfall is less.   It does well in soil with good drainage.  The flowers are very beautiful and in Mumbai I have seen fisherwomen with their hair decorated with this flower.

Thanks for sharing,

Regards,

Mani.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 9, 2011, 9:56:31 AM5/9/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Dinesh sir,
Here is another example of gender confusion:
Punica granatum!!! but it is accepted this way!!
Pankaj

Dinesh Valke

May 9, 2011, 10:03:11 AM5/9/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I would make a page listing all such special encounters !!!
Many thanks for bringing such exceptions to notice, dear Pankaj.

Regards.
Dinesh.