Delbergia horrida

Pravin Kawale

Apr 4, 2011, 8:10:48 AM4/4/11
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Is it Delbergia horrida?
Marathi name:Petungal
Pl.validte
Photographed at Phansad WLS,Maharashtra
03 Apr.2011
Thanks in advance

DSC01663.JPG
DSC04622.JPG
DSC04627.JPG
DSC04632.JPG
DSC04634.JPG
DSC04603.JPG

DSC01663.JPG
DSC04622.JPG
DSC04627.JPG
DSC04632.JPG
DSC04634.JPG
DSC04603.JPG

Satish Phadke

Apr 5, 2011, 8:24:34 AM4/5/11
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Thanks Pravin ji
I think we visited Phansad a week or two earlier to your visit.
We had seen this species but it was not flowering.
I am not an authority to confirm your ID since I have yet to observe this species but most probably you are right. Last year when I had come across a Dalbergia lanceolaria (Dhondus)species it was thought to be D.horrida. From that time I wanted to observe this.
Thanks for sharing
Dr Phadke

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2011, 2:00:46 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, Pravin Kawale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think we visited Phansad a week or two earlier to your visit.

We had seen this species but it was not flowering.
I am not an authority to confirm your ID since I have yet to observe this species but most probably you are right. Last year when I had come across a Dalbergia lanceolaria (Dhondus)species it was thought to be D.horrida. From that time I wanted to observe this.
Thanks for sharing

Dr Phadke”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1630 members & 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSC01663.JPG
DSC04622.JPG
DSC04627.JPG
DSC04632.JPG
DSC04634.JPG
DSC04603.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2011, 4:30:32 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, Pravin Kawale
A reply:
"Dalbergia horrida, common in Maharashtra and Goa.
T. Chakrabarty"

Thans, Dr. Tapas.

H S

Jul 16, 2011, 4:37:09 AM7/16/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, Pravin Kawale
Dalbergia lanceolaria is a tree, whereas D. horrida is a huge climber or scandy bush ..

this is D. horrida.

thanks for sharing,

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Mahadeswara

Jul 17, 2011, 10:24:55 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia
I have the photograph of D. lanceolaria. I will search out and post
it. The leaves are quite different from D.horrida.

On Jul 16, 1:37 pm, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dalbergia lanceolaria is a tree, whereas D. horrida is a huge climber or
> scandy bush ..
>
> this is D. horrida.
>
> thanks for sharing,
>
> regards,
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A reply:
> > "Dalbergia horrida, common in Maharashtra and Goa.
> > T. Chakrabarty"
>
> > Thans, Dr. Tapas.
>
> > On 14 July 2011 11:30, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> >> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> >> “I think we visited Phansad a week or two earlier to your visit.
>
> >> We had seen this species but it was not flowering.
> >> I am not an authority to confirm your ID since I have yet to observe this
> >> species *but most probably you are right*. Last year when I had come
> >> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> >> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> >> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species*& eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> >> alphabetically & place-wise):
> >>http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use
> >> them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> >> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> >> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
> >>http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1630 members &
> >> 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website:
> >>https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database of
> >> around 5000 species)
>
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> > for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1630 members &
> > 73,000 messages on 30/6/11) or Efloraofindia website:
> >https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database of

Smilax004

Jul 17, 2011, 11:47:47 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, D.horrida of Leguminosae family; a large armed climber/liana in
moist deciduous and semi evergreen forests.

Regards
Giby