Re: ID requested MS070211 - 8

M Swamy

Feb 7, 2011, 6:59:29 AM2/7/11
to efloraofindia

Photos taken on 31.12.11.
Location : Manasagangothri campus, Mysore
Cordia subcordata.   Big tree

IMG_2784.JPG
IMG_2783.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 8, 2011, 11:39:35 AM3/8/11
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

sanal nair

Mar 10, 2011, 8:40:13 AM3/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Looks like Gmelina arborea

C KUNHIKANNAN

Mar 10, 2011, 1:51:23 PM3/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
It looks to me a species of Cordia with very smooth bark
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

M Swamy

Mar 10, 2011, 10:43:05 PM3/10/11
to sanal nair, efloraofindia
The tree is not Gmelina sps.  I am sure. The photographs were taken in the Botany department garden premises.  There is a board indicating the name as  Cordia subcordata.   However, I will send photographs of the flowers when the tree blooms for confirmation..