Request for ID : 150111 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 15, 2011, 12:48:25 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens at Peradeniya, Sri Lanka on the
17th of November, 2010.
Aarti
P1110005.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 15, 2011, 12:51:01 AM1/15/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I think Alocasia sp.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 15, 2011, 12:56:41 AM1/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Alocasia  for sure but not quite sure of species without photos of flower
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

promila chaturvedi

Jan 15, 2011, 8:39:32 AM1/15/11
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I also agree with Prof. Singh. It is alocassia sp.
Promila

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jan 15, 2011, 8:49:23 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
Alocasia macrorhizos may be looking at the climbing habit of the
plant.
Pankaj

On Jan 15, 6:39 pm, promila chaturvedi
<thegardener.chaturv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also agree with Prof. Singh. It is alocassia sp.
> Promila
>

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alocasia  for sure but not quite sure of species without photos of flower
> > tanay
>
> > On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I think Alocasia sp.
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> >>   On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com

> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> > Department of Botany.
> > University of British Columbia .
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> >  *Webpages:*

Pudji Widodo

Jan 15, 2011, 9:18:40 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
Based on the leaves, I agree with Dr Pankaj Kumar, Alocasia
macrorrhizos (L.) G.Don (Araceae) but with "double R" in
macroRRhizos. I've never seen the flowers.

Best Wishes
Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO INDONESIA