Malvaceae week 0905 9112011 UD 025 Brachichiton discolor

ushadi Micromini

Sep 11, 2011, 2:56:31 PM9/11/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya

Malvaceae week 0905 9112011 UD 025 Brachichiton discolor

Dear All:

Family: Malvaceae

Genus:                 Brachychiton

Species:               B. discolor

I found this tree in grounds of a botanical garden in Los Angeles , even from a distance it was spectacularly pink… flowers are bell shaped,  and leaves like maple …   iis reasonably common in cultivation in Australia and is now seen in many tropical areas… and is survives many kinds of climates and toerates various soils… may be a successful avenue tree..  have seen used in Bonsai trade….

Enjoy

Usha di

Pink flowered Australian tree Brachychiton discolor 1 maplelikeLf 007 flowers on ground sm.jpg
Pink flowered Australian tree Brachychiton discolor 2 maplelikeLf 001 sm crp nm.jpg
Pink flowered Australian tree Brachychiton discolor 3 maplelikeLf 003 flower side view and buds.jpg
Pink flowered Australian tree Brachychiton discolor 4 maplelikeLf 010 bark.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 11, 2011, 8:19:13 PM9/11/11
to ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Interesting and new Plant. Good addition to Malvaceae week. Thanks Ushadi Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Sep 11, 2011, 8:46:12 PM9/11/11
to Balkar Arya, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Surely this Malvaceae week was awesome I came to know about many new genus
under Malvaceae which never knew. This plant will surely add to the list.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

ushadi Micromini

Sep 12, 2011, 4:27:12 AM9/12/11
to Tanay Bose, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks Balkar ji and Tanay...

Tanay take a car ride down highway 1 from Vancouver down to the San diego coast one summer... you'll enjoy it... and get to see these things along the way..

Of course, at UBC you must have a treasure trove  anyway... I have been planning to come that way again , want to go to UBC bot g and visit the herbarium... my big ambition for the NW coast anyway...

SOMEDAY,,,,

Usha di

=========

H S

Sep 12, 2011, 4:38:25 AM9/12/11
to ushadi Micromini, Tanay Bose, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
lovely pic and new plant for me too..

thanks for sharing..
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Ushadi micromini

Sep 12, 2011, 8:24:07 AM9/12/11
to efloraofindia

There was a spelling mistake in my subject line...

Brachychiton is correct .....

Please use this subject line from now on..
.
THANKS

USHA DI
==

On Sep 12, 1:38 pm, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> lovely pic and new plant for me too..
>
> thanks for sharing..
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:57 PM, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com
>

> > wrote:
> > Thanks Balkar ji and Tanay...
>
> > Tanay take a car ride down highway 1 from Vancouver down to the San diego
> > coast one summer... you'll enjoy it... and get to see these things along the
> > way..
>
> > Of course, at UBC you must have a treasure trove  anyway... I have been
> > planning to come that way again , want to go to UBC bot g and visit the
> > herbarium... my big ambition for the NW coast anyway...
>
> > SOMEDAY,,,,
>
> > Usha di
>
> > =========
>
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Surely this Malvaceae week was awesome I came to know about many new
> >> genus
> >> under Malvaceae which never knew. This plant will surely add to the list.
> >> Tanay
>
> >> *Tanay Bose*
> >> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> >> Department of Botany.
> >> University of British Columbia .
> >> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> >> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> >> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> >> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> >> *Webpages:*

Tanay Bose

Sep 12, 2011, 9:53:50 AM9/12/11
to H S, ushadi Micromini, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Usha Di.
UBC Botanic garden is good but most of the plant are from oriental countries
like China and Japan.

Thanks
Tanay