Request Tree/Shrub ID

raman

Jul 16, 2011, 2:54:33 AM7/16/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Indiranagar, Bangalore

Thanks,
Raman
ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - Leaf.jpg
ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - 0001.jpg
ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - Flower.jpg

Smilax004

Jul 16, 2011, 3:08:38 AM7/16/11
to efloraofindia
This may be Jatropha integerrima of Euphorbiaceae family commonly
known as Peregrina or Spicy Jatropha.
All parts of this plant are poisonous, if ingested.

Regards,
Giby

On Jul 16, 11:54 am, raman <raman_arunacha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Indiranagar, Bangalore
>
> Thanks,
> Raman
>
>  ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - Leaf.jpg
> 44KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - 0001.jpg
> 45KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 028 Tree - Flower.jpg
> 30KViewDownload

raman

Jul 16, 2011, 3:23:41 AM7/16/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I confirmed in flowerofindia.net, which I searched first but not looking under non trees.

Thanks,
Raman

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 16, 2011, 4:39:26 AM7/16/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Jatropha integerrima (syn: J. panduraefolia), Euphorbiaceae

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Jul 16, 2011, 9:15:51 AM7/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Sir Also grown as garden Plant
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Mahadeswara

Jul 16, 2011, 9:36:07 AM7/16/11
to efloraofindia
Very common garden plant in Chennai city . Also seen in Mysore.

On Jul 16, 6:15 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Sir Also grown as garden Plant
>

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jatropha integerrima (syn: J. panduraefolia), Euphorbiaceae
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ushadi micromini

Jul 17, 2011, 5:27:37 AM7/17/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, Jatropha integerrima ... very common garden plant, and then it
takes
over the neighborhood, at least here in Bengal...

Another jatropha, also quite popular and prolific seed producer
and taker-over of neighborhood is *J. curcas *...
just like the castor bean, though its menace is not as
extensive as castor, at least for now... but there are three growing
in the grassy footpath below one of my windows
on a land belonging to another family, so i can't uproot them...

Another Jatropha, called belly ache plant is deliberately planted
by people in southern west bengal in the countryside
* Jatropha gossypiifolia*... has spectacular violet colored leaves,
once you see it, never to forget...

Another jatropha popular at least here in bengal cities is *
Jatropha podagrica *,
called Budhha belly plant, popular with butterfly gardeners and
bonsai folks...
I used to have one, until I killed it with overfeeding...

Usha di
==