Identification

1 view

Vijayadas D

Aug 16, 2011, 4:18:17 AM8/16/11
to efloraofindia

Dear all,
  I requesting your help eventhough it is out of our subject,

           Please help me to identify this worm, found in lawn came out on watering.
--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.

DSCN3349.JPG

Pinki

Aug 16, 2011, 5:14:54 AM8/16/11
to efloraofindia
Earthworms ?!?!

Alok

On Aug 16, 1:18 am, Vijayadas D <dvijaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>   I requesting your help eventhough it is out of our subject,
>
>            Please help me to identify this worm, found in lawn came out on
> watering.
> --
>  *Vijayadas
> **Electro Saudi Services Ltd.         *
> *Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
> Riyadh -11462 , KSA
> *
>
>  DSCN3349.JPG
> 2876KViewDownload

Neil Soares

Aug 16, 2011, 6:45:12 AM8/16/11
to efloraofindia, Pinki
Hi,
  They are earthworms. They seem to have been involved in a mating frenzy. Sending one of my photographs.
                       With regards,
                         Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 8/16/11, Pinki <alok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Earthworms mating.jpg

Na Bha

Aug 16, 2011, 6:51:26 AM8/16/11
to efloraofindia
indeed earthworms, Regenwurm in German, because they come out when it rains.
The best friend of gardners and many birds like them too, especially Amsel (german) = Common Blackbird (Turdus merula).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm   <<<  nice information here.

Nalini

Yazdy Palia

Aug 16, 2011, 7:10:14 AM8/16/11
to Vijayadas D, efloraofindia
Vijayadas ji,
They are earth worms. They come out because of too much watering. They
will perish if the water submerges them. I have experienced this when
ants have entered my wormi-compost tank. One way of saving the worms,
I thought was to inundate the tank. The ants were wiped out but the
earthworms started coming out and trying to escape. we had to put them
in another tank and save them. Later we re introduced them and
everything was fine. The earth worms in your picture are trying to
save their lives.
Regards
Yazdy.

Vijayadas D