guidance about terminology and key to family

1 view

prasanna gogate

Mar 10, 2011, 10:54:19 PM3/10/11
to efloraofindia
sir,

      i am student of forestry. i am interested to learn taxonomy. to collect seeds and try to germinate is my hobby. botany is new for me. about 300 plants are identify by me but by seeing only not by using key. i am interested in learning. please provide me material for basic study. i know leaf type,shape, inflorescence only. book by shrikant ingelhalikar is very helpful to me in identification. please guide me. thank u.

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 11, 2011, 12:20:07 AM3/11/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia
Where do you live?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2011, 1:28:31 AM6/21/11
to efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Where do you live?
Pankaj”

"I think he lives in Western Ghats of Maharastra." from me.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Pankaj Kumar

Jun 21, 2011, 10:24:58 AM6/21/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
You may send your postal address, I can try to send you some pdfs of
reading materials.
Take care and keep up your interest in plants. They are more important
than tigers :P
Pankaj