amrool AND jamrul

Dinesh Valke

May 4, 2011, 1:40:23 AM5/4/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Hindi-knowing friends,

Please validate Hindi names for wax apple, Syzygium samarangense.
... जमरूल jamrul finds entry in Hindi dictionary.
Is अमरूल amrool a valid name ?

Regards.
Dinesh.

Gurcharan Singh

May 4, 2011, 1:53:17 AM5/4/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji, according to Useful Plants of India (CSIR)

Jamrul is Begali name for Syzygium jambos (L.) Alston

Jamrul and Amrool are Hindi & Bengali names for S. samarangense (Blume) Merrill & Perry

Amrul in Kumaon is Oxalis acetosella

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

May 4, 2011, 2:34:21 AM5/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Many many thanks Gurcharan ji for lightning-quick response.
Regards.
Dinesh

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 4, 2011, 3:00:53 AM5/4/11
to efloraofindia
Sounds like jumbling between Amrood and Jarool. Regards, Shrikant

On May 4, 11:34 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many many thanks Gurcharan ji for lightning-quick response.
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dinesh ji, according to Useful Plants of India (CSIR)
>
> > Jamrul is Begali name for Syzygium jambos (L.) Alston
>
> > Jamrul and Amrool are Hindi & Bengali names for S. samarangense (Blume)
> > Merrill & Perry
>
> > Amrul in Kumaon is Oxalis acetosella
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear Hindi-knowing friends,
>
> >> Please validate Hindi names for wax apple, *Syzygium samarangense*.
> >> ... जमरूल *jamrul* finds entry in Hindi dictionary.
> >> Is अमरूल *amrool* a valid name ?
>
> >> Regards.
> >> Dinesh.- Hide quoted text -

manudev madhavan

May 4, 2011, 3:20:22 AM5/4/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
How can we diffreentiate Syzygium aqueum from S. samarengense??
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow