Eria carinata

raju das

Nov 1, 2010, 2:59:19 PM11/1/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Eria carinata . I have photographed this sp on 30-10-2010 from Chirang RF, Assam
--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 1, 2010, 3:16:28 PM11/1/10
to raju das, indiantreepix
This is very pretty. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Can you please share the plant pic. This is one of the very few Erias
that look like Bulbophyllum in vegetative.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Satish Phadke

Nov 2, 2010, 3:01:37 AM11/2/10
to raju das, indiantreepix
An Orchidaceae member. Thanks for sharing.

Smita Raskar

Nov 2, 2010, 1:01:01 PM11/2/10
to raju das, indiantreepix
So beautiful...i love orchids..thanks for sharing

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM, raju das <dasr...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Smita raskar
M. Sc. (Botany)

raju das

Nov 3, 2010, 12:47:45 PM11/3/10
to Smita Raskar, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear All,
Thank for the appreciation. Here I have attached photograph on the
habit of this plant.

Eria carinata Gibson ex Lindl (Orchidaceae).

Eria... from the Greek erio (wool) in reference to the outside of the
perianth and carinata from Latin carinatus (keeled ) in reference to
the sepals (Please see the flower again).

But there is view that this plant flowered in Calcutta and been given
the name Eria carinata by Gibson. (Pankaj Sir, is there any
refernces)

Regards,

Raju Das

Eria 02.jpg
Eria 01.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 3, 2010, 12:48:51 PM11/3/10
to raju das, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Yeah.... see what I was saying. Beautiful and confusing plant.

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

Rashida Atthar

Nov 4, 2010, 10:37:23 AM11/4/10
to Pankaj Kumar, raju das, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Good to see the flowers of this Orchid, thanks for sharing Raju ji.

regards,
Rashida.