Re: ID confirmation MS270311 -18- Birds on Thespesea

M Swamy

Mar 29, 2011, 10:02:35 AM3/29/11
to efloraofindia
Recently I visited a place called Kokkare Bellur. The place is named after the birds.    Kokkare means  crane.    In this village different types of birds like painted stork, herons etc harbour the trees.   This place is one of the important birds sanctuaries of Karnataka.   Villagers protect the birds.     I am posting a few photos of birds on trees.     This mail is on Thespesia populnea.  Can somebody ID the birds also.

IMG_3699.JPG
IMG_3624.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3696.JPG

Neil Soares

Mar 29, 2011, 1:25:27 PM3/29/11
to efloraofindia, M Swamy
Hi Dr. Swamy,
  Nice photographs ! They are all Painted Storks.
                         Regards,
                           Neil Soares.