Re: Fwd: Baobab Tree, Adansonia digitata pictures

Sandhya Sasidharan

Jul 25, 2011, 1:16:27 AM7/25/11
to Mohan V., efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Here are a few pictures of the Baobob tree, Adansonia digitata. This was photographed from a temple premises near the coast in Kasargod district, Kerala, on Jan 27 2007. This is the only baobab tree in this region and no one seems to know how it came to be here. The saddest part is that, people have been burning fallen leaves and other rubbish right under the tree as part of 'cleaning up', a regular sight in Kerala! The main trunk is charred and I wonder how long the tree will last.

Regards,
Sandhya

From: "Mohan V. Chunkath" <mohan.chunk...@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 24, 11:51 am
Subject: Baobab Tree, Adansonia digitata pictures
To: efloraofindia

Dear friends,
Wanted to share photos of the magnificent Baobab tree, Adansonia
digitata.
Photographed in Adyar Theosophical Society Gardens in Chennai on 12
July,
2011 (tree and flower) and 19 July, 2011 (fruits). Planted/cultivated
in the
garden. Red flowers in the foreground of the tree photograph belong to
Gulmohar tree. Cultivated.
Cheers,
Mohan Chunkath

 Adansonia_digitata.jpg
898KViewDownload

 Adansonia_digitata_flower.jpg
563KViewDownload

 5953389982_3a8bb13d25_o.jpg
611KViewDownload
Jan27 '07 Baobab 1.JPG
Jan27 '07 Baobab 2.JPG
Jan27 '07 Baobab 3.JPG
Jan27 '07 Baobab 4.JPG

hari lal

Jul 25, 2011, 1:28:15 AM7/25/11
to Sandhya Sasidharan, Mohan V., efloraofindia
very nice i had seen in aurangabad maharastra 2010 a international
seminar of taxonomy.

--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 25, 2011, 5:44:03 PM7/25/11
to efloraofindia
Oh one more Adansonia.
Thanks for sharing. I love this tree.
Dear Hari, why dont you try sharing the images of one in Hazaribagh.
You told me there is one tree in university.
Pankaj

On Jul 25, 10:28 am, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> very nice i had seen in aurangabad maharastra 2010 a international
> seminar of taxonomy.
>
> On 7/25/11, Sandhya Sasidharan <harithasand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear friends,
>
> > Here are a few pictures of the Baobob tree, Adansonia digitata. This was
> > photographed from a temple premises near the coast in Kasargod district,
> > Kerala, on Jan 27 2007. This is the only baobab tree in this region and no
> > one seems to know how it came to be here. The saddest part is that, people
> > have been burning fallen leaves and other rubbish right under the tree as
> > part of 'cleaning up', a regular sight in Kerala! The main trunk is charred
> > and I wonder how long the tree will last.
>
> > Regards,
> > Sandhya
>
> > --- On Mon, 25/7/11, harithasandhya <harithasand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com

Mahadeswara

Jul 26, 2011, 7:16:03 AM7/26/11
to efloraofindia
Beautiful Baobab is seen in Theosophical society campus , Adyar. I
will post the photos after searching the archives .