14thTAW at Ranibagh on Sunday 8th May at 9 am

Usha Desai

May 4, 2011, 11:23:38 AM5/4/11
to Indian Tree Pix

Dear Friends,

As you are aware, we are a group of nature lovers who have been conducting Tree Appreciation Walks in Mumbai for last one year.  Our aim is to create awareness and inculcate a love for the trees.  You are most welcome to join us for our next walk in Rani Bagh, Byculla

The 14th walk is on Sunday 8th May 2011

Venue:  Ranibagh also called Byculla Zoo, [VJB Udyan]

Time:  9.00 a.m.

Duration of walk:  2 hours

Meeting Point: Main gate, Near the ticket office.  Buy your own entry ticket

The Veermata Jijabai Bhonsle Udyan or simply Ranibagh or Byculla Zoo to Mumbai residents is a botanical garden. It has more than 3000 trees [ 276 species]  .

Attached is the list of the climbers, shrubs and trees which we shall be showing you.

Photography is allowed. You pay for the camera.  No plastic [including disposable water bottles] are allowed.

Please go through the saveranibagh website  for more info.

http://www.saveranibagh.org/

Also note it is recently updated with new list of trees compiled by Dr.Almeida and new photographs by Shubhada ..

Go through Dinesh Valkes photographs too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/sets/72157601388917708/

Hope to see you all.

Yours Sheila,Shubhada,Katie,Hutoxi,Usha, Renee, Rajendra

MAY_2011_rani bagh_scientific name-wise.doc