Goa photo for identification - 8

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 21, 2011, 6:54:10 AM6/21/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
For identification please
TC
Garcinia.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 22, 2011, 12:02:47 AM6/22/11
to Tapas Chakrabarty, indian...@googlegroups.com
Tapas ji
Send important details as per format

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
For identification please
TC

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2011, 7:39:55 AM9/18/11
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Gurcharan Singh, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, divaka...@gmail.com, nvict...@rediffmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Tapas ji

Send important details as per format

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

Sep 18, 2011, 8:59:37 AM9/18/11
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Gurcharan Singh, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com, divaka...@gmail.com, nvict...@rediffmail.com
A reply:
"It appears to be Garcinia indica (Clusiaceae)
-divakar"

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2020, 8:15:06 AM7/28/20
to efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty, Divakar
This will be G. travancorica as per Diversity of Garcinia species in the Western Ghats (pdf): JNTBGRI- Diversity of Garcinia species in the Western Ghats: Phytochemical Perspective- P. S. Shameer, K. B. Rameshkumar and N. Mohanan.
Garcinia.jpg

JM Garg

Feb 4, 2023, 6:33:28 PM2/4/23
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
A reply from Mohanan ji as per comments at the bottom at Garcinia:
"All the photographs put under Garcinia travancorica are of Garcinia gummi-gutta only. Garcinia travancorica is very different. I have photographs of G. travancorica. Pl tell how I can upload,"
Garcinia.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Feb 5, 2023, 12:53:18 AM2/5/23
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you so much for resurfacing.
Regards,
Tapas

Mohanan Narayanan Nair

Feb 5, 2023, 2:49:17 AM2/5/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Again male flowers of G. gummi-gutta only

J.M. Garg

Feb 7, 2023, 6:48:25 AM2/7/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, nmohanan59, Tapas Chakrabarty
Thanks a lot, Mohanan ji