ID171210phk2

Pravin Kawale

Dec 17, 2010, 11:36:08 AM12/17/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,
Another grass for ID
At Akshi beach,Alibag
14Dec,2010
Thanks in advance

DSC01156.JPG
DSC01157.JPG
DSC01158.JPG
DSC01159.JPG

DSC01156.JPG
DSC01157.JPG
DSC01158.JPG
DSC01159.JPG

Vijayasankar

Dec 17, 2010, 12:11:46 PM12/17/10
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
Just a wild guess: Cynosurus cristatus. http://www.flickr.com/photos/21933510@N07/3225750992

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018

tanay bose

Dec 17, 2010, 1:45:17 PM12/17/10
to Vijayasankar, Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia
I think your guess is not so wild this is Cynosurus cristatus I had a specimen with me
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Pravin Kawale

Dec 18, 2010, 7:47:54 AM12/18/10
to tanay bose, Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Hi,
Thanks for prompt ID
Reagrds

On 12/18/10, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think your guess is not so wild this is Cynosurus cristatus I had a
> specimen with me
> Tanay
>
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Vijayasankar
> <vijay.b...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Just a wild guess: *Cynosurus cristatus*.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/21933510@N07/3225750992
>>
>> Regards

>> Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
>> Post Doctoral Research Associate
>> National Center for Natural Products Research
>> Thad Cochran Research Center
>> University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
>> Phone: +1 662 915 1018
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Pravin Kawale
>> <kawale...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Another grass for ID
>>> At Akshi beach,Alibag
>>> 14Dec,2010
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>>> DSC01156.JPG
>>> DSC01157.JPG
>>> DSC01158.JPG

--
*Pravin*

J.M. Garg

Jan 25, 2011, 7:44:26 AM1/25/11
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Vijayasankar Raman, tanay bose, grassman

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Just a wild guess: Cynosurus cristatus. http://www.flickr.com/photos/21933510@N07/3225750992

 Regards
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.”

“I think your guess is not so wild this is Cynosurus cristatus I had a specimen with me
Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4450 species on 15/12/10)

DSC01156.JPG
DSC01157.JPG
DSC01158.JPG
DSC01159.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 11, 2011, 7:10:37 AM6/11/11
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Vijayasankar Raman, TANAY BOSE, Mahadeswara
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“Just a wild guess: Cynosurus cristatus. http://www.flickr.com/photos/21933510@N07/3225750992
 Regards
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.”

“I think your guess is not so wild this is Cynosurus cristatus I had a specimen with me
Tanay”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Jan 6, 2014, 9:03:41 AM1/6/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
This is one of the Eragrostis ciliaris complex, which includes E.coarctata, E.ciliaris, E.riparia, etc., all of which have dense, cylindrical, spicate inflorescence unlike other Eragrostis species.
Cynosurus cristatus is a European grass and in India is found only in temperate regions. In Cynosurus cristatus, the spikelets are in two rows only with larger florets. You can see plenty of its images on internet.
 A similar post of Eragrostis riparia from Pondicherry is at  https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/zUgjdWFK8Eg/discussion
Regards...
Manoj Chandran