Scrophulariaceae for id 140211MK3

Muthu Karthick

Feb 14, 2011, 5:44:01 AM2/14/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to identify this Scrophulariaceae herb found on river bank. I already requested id of the same species in a different place here: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/dda995370b20a180/1cd6ebe80630341d?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tirunelveli#1cd6ebe80630341d

Date/Time-

10-02-2011 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS

river-shore in Satyamangalam RF; TN. c 350 msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

wet shore

Plant Habit-

Prostrate herb

Height/Length-

c. 15 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

c. 1.5 X 0.5 cm; sessile

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

solitary

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

light violet; 0.5cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Scrophulariaceae.jpg
Scrophulariaceae (1).jpg
Scrophulariaceae (2).jpg

Muthu Karthick

Feb 14, 2011, 7:13:02 AM2/14/11
to indiantreepix

It could be Lindernia and very closely resembles both L. rotundifolia,
L. crustacea

Sincerely
R. Kottaimuthu

On 2/14/11, Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Please help to identify this Scrophulariaceae herb found on river bank. I
> already requested id of the same species in a different place here:
> https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/dda995370b20a180/1cd6ebe80630341d?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tirunelveli#1cd6ebe80630341d
>
>  *Date/Time-*

> 10-02-2011 / 11:00 AM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS*

> river-shore in Satyamangalam RF; TN. c 350 msl
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> wet shore
>
> *Plant Habit-*
>
> Prostrate herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> c. 15 cm
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*

> c. 1.5 X 0.5 cm; sessile
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> solitary
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> light violet; 0.5cm across
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
> *
> *

> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 09626833911
> www.careearthtrust.org

Pardeshi S.

Feb 15, 2011, 7:32:54 AM2/15/11
to efloraofindia
Looks like Lindernia parviflora

Satish Pardeshi

On Feb 14, 3:44 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Please help to identify this Scrophulariaceae herb found on river bank. I
> already requested id of the same species in a different place here:https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/dd...
>
>  *Date/Time-*
>
> 10-02-2011 / 11:00 AM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS*
>
> river-shore in Satyamangalam RF; TN. c 350 msl
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> wet shore
>
> *Plant Habit-*
>
> Prostrate herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> c. 15 cm
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> c. 1.5 X 0.5 cm; sessile
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> solitary
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> light violet; 0.5cm across
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
> *
> *
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 09626833911www.careearthtrust.org
>
>  Scrophulariaceae.jpg
> 191KViewDownload
>
>  Scrophulariaceae (1).jpg
> 268KViewDownload
>
>  Scrophulariaceae (2).jpg
> 165KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Feb 16, 2011, 2:57:16 AM2/16/11
to indiantreepix
A reply from Satish Pardeshiji --Looks like Lindernia parviflora.
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2011, 2:15:59 AM5/22/11
to efloraofindia, kottai muthu, Muthu Karthick, satish pardeshi, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, prasad....@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

It could be Lindernia and very closely resembles both L. rotundifolia,
L. crustacea

Sincerely
R. Kottaimuthu”

Looks like Lindernia parviflora

Satish Pardeshi”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Scrophulariaceae.jpg
Scrophulariaceae (1).jpg
Scrophulariaceae (2).jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 27, 2011, 5:44:23 AM8/27/11
to efloraofindia, prasad....@gmail.com, uda...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi
Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.Some earlier relevant feedback:“It could be Lindernia and very closely resembles both L. rotundifolia, L. crustacea
Sincerely
R. Kottaimuthu”

“Looks like Lindernia parviflora
Satish Pardeshi”

Aug 27, 2011, 6:09:01 AM8/27/11
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, prasad....@gmail.com, uda...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi
Lindernia parviflora...

Dr. Pankaj N. Joshi, Programme Coordinator
sahjeevan
175- Jalaram Society, B/h. Vishwamangal Appt.,
Vijay Nagar, Hospital Road
Bhuj-Kutch, Gujarat: 370001 (India)
Phone: 91 2832 251814, Fax: 91 2832 251914,
Mobile: 9426949523
E-mail: joshi.pn....@gmail.com
Office E-mail: sahj...@gmail.com
Website: www.sahjeevan.org

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 27, 2011, 1:59:23 PM8/27/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasad....@gmail.com, uda...@gmail.com, Muthu Karthick, npba...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, brsp...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, sasib...@gmail.com, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi, Joshi Pankaj
It is not L. crustaceae because the leaf margin is entire and penni-nerved.

It is L. parviflora of Linderniaceae because the leaf margin is entire (upper leaves sometimes serrate) and palmi-nerved (3 ribbed from base). Please check for 2 yellow dots at the throat of the corolla.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

JM Garg

Oct 27, 2017, 2:40:40 AM10/27/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, satish pardeshi, Joshi Pankaj
Scrophulariaceae.jpg
Scrophulariaceae (1).jpg
Scrophulariaceae (2).jpg

Satish N. Pardeshi

Nov 3, 2017, 7:39:33 AM11/3/17
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Joshi Pankaj
Indeed Linderna rotudifolia.

Regards

Satish Pardeshi
--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...

Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune

J.M. Garg

Nov 3, 2017, 1:00:02 PM11/3/17
to satish pardeshi, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Joshi Pankaj
Thanks, Satish ji.