Sansevieria parva N.E.Brown Syn. Sansevieria bequaertii De Wild.

Samir Mehta

Feb 27, 2011, 10:21:33 AM2/27/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
 Sansevieria parva N.E.Brown  Syn. Sansevieria bequaertii De Wild.

Jijamata Udyan, Feb. '11.

Leaf surface was smooth;
Transverse (light and dark) bands present.

Identification based on FOI database; our group database search did not yield any result.

Kindly confirm / correct.

Regards,

Samir Mehta
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05874.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05871.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05872.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05873.jpg

tanay bose

Feb 27, 2011, 11:16:48 AM2/27/11
to Samir Mehta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice shot !!
Thanks for sharing
I appreciate your detailed coverage of the plant
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Samir Mehta

Feb 27, 2011, 12:35:06 PM2/27/11
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
'I appreciate your detailed coverage of the plant'

Thank You ..hope it leads to confirmation / validation or correction - the purpose of the post.

Samir

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 27, 2011, 1:06:07 PM2/27/11
to Samir Mehta, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful details. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Interestingly Sansevieria are also called, mother-in-law's tongue and
devil's tongue, I imagine whats common between those names :)).
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Samir Mehta

Feb 27, 2011, 9:12:14 PM2/27/11
to Pankaj Kumar, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
'Beautiful details. Thanks a lot for sharing.'

Thank You ..hope it leads to confirmation / validation or correction - the purpose of the post.

Samir

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2011, 3:23:28 AM6/14/11
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05874.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05871.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05872.jpg
Sansevieria parva @ Jijamata Udyan DSC05873.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 6:40:16 AM9/10/11
to efloraofindia, dinesh...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, drsmp...@gmail.com, anala...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, tcha...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, raani...@gmail.com, Plumbago...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, devar...@gmail.com, sheeta...@gmail.com, kawale...@gmail.com, Aarti S. Khale, Samir Mehta, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tanay bose

Jun 27, 2020, 6:09:51 AM6/27/20
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta
I think this should be Sansevieria trifasciata Prain and not Sansevieria parva N.E.Br. as per images and details herein and as per comparative images at Sansevieria

Jun 27, 2020, 6:49:44 AM6/27/20
to efloraofindia, Samir Mehta