Shrub 6 for identification

Mymoon Moghul

Aug 4, 2011, 1:16:47 AM8/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello
This shrub was clicked at Chennai, South India by the road side. There were only 2 plants in the area, just at this one spot. One plant had dried up flowers and fruits while the other had fresh flowers. The butterflies were more attracted to the plant with dried flowers. The butterflies seen were the blue tiger, plain tiger, stripped tiger, common crow. Yes sir this plant attracts butterflies.  Also what are the good cameras (within the budget of about 25 K, for plant photography, especially for the flowers where images would be sharp through out the picture. These images were taken in Canon 1000D. The images were clicked in  TV mode with flash around 7.30 a.m.

For identification please.

Thanks
regards
Mymoon

image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Smilax004

Aug 4, 2011, 1:55:04 AM8/4/11
to efloraofindia
Crotalaria sp. of Leguminosae family. In Malayalam (in Tamil as well,
I guess) it is called Kilukkachedy. The dry fruit while shaking makes
nice sound (we use to play around when I was a child). The flowers are
not visible hence I may not be able to confirm the id.

Camera:
You may please visit http://www.dpreview.com and go for a through
research before making a decision. (I did the same for more than 16
months to know the trend, performance and picture clarity). I
personally suggest you to go for Panasonic Lumix series compact
camera. Panasonic is great with clarity resolution and all, when you
need to take macro pictures.
Even point and shoot Panasonic cameras are doing fantastic job.

You may please consult Dr Dinesh Valke who uses a Panasonic DMC-G1
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/5593762443/). This camera
is little expensive than that of your budget, I gues (about 40k). But
if you can get the same from the USA you can save around 6-10k, I am
sure.

Please visit http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/cameras

Regards,
Giby
>  image2.jpg
> 212KViewDownload
>
>  image3.jpg
> 168KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Aug 4, 2011, 2:11:36 AM8/4/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Dear Mogul,
Your plant looks more like Crotalaria retusa

Kindly refer the following discussions regarding your Camera query: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/15d1161e93d44a44/15fcc24f4bc9f20c?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Nikkor#15fcc24f4bc9f20c

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Balkar Arya

Aug 4, 2011, 9:56:25 AM8/4/11
to Muthu Karthick, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Yes looks like Crotalaria retusa
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh