Rosaceae Week :: Fragaria × ananassa ... Mahabaleshwar

Dinesh Valke

Oct 3, 2011, 3:31:09 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia
Fragaria × ananassa Duchesne ex Rozier ... synonym of Potentilla × ananassa (Duchesne ex Rozier) Mabb.

  • frag-AY-ree-uh -- from the Latin for strawberry
    x -- denotes hybrid
    a-NAN-ass-uh -- alludes to the fruit's smell like pineapple (Ananas genus)

Fragaria x ananassa
Feb 16,2008 at Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra

commonly known as: garden strawberry, large-fruited strawberry, pine-apple strawberry, strawberry

Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Oct 3, 2011, 11:16:45 AM10/3/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Very beautiful Dinesh Ji!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Oct 3, 2011, 11:55:17 AM10/3/11
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
The best picture I have seen till today. Extremely healthy looking flower, fruits and leaves
Regards
Bhagyashri

mani nair

Oct 3, 2011, 12:28:17 PM10/3/11
to Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
nice capture Dinesh ji,
Regards,
Mani.

On 10/3/11, Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The best picture I have seen till today. Extremely healthy looking flower,
> fruits and leaves
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Very beautiful Dinesh Ji!
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Dinesh Valke
>> <dinesh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> *Fragaria × ananassa * Duchesne ex Rozier ... synonym of *Potentilla ×
>>> ananassa* (Duchesne ex Rozier) Mabb.
>>>

>>> - *frag-AY-ree-uh* -- from the Latin for strawberry
>>> *x* -- denotes hybrid
>>> *a-NAN-ass-uh* -- alludes to the fruit's smell like pineapple (*Ananas
>>> * genus)
>>>

>>> [image: Fragaria x
>>> ananassa]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2274774126%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzc3LEf7ysVX_Ows8xPFYnZDivhjcg>

>>> Feb 16,2008 at Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
>>>

>>> *commonly known as*: garden strawberry, large-fruited strawberry,
>>> pine-apple strawberry, strawberry
>>>
>>> *Distribution*: cultivated worldwide

Tanay Bose

Oct 3, 2011, 12:34:23 PM10/3/11
to mani nair, Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Looks nice ... hope they are sweet
tanay
--
Tanay Bose