CASHEW NUT

Smita Raskar

Apr 16, 2011, 2:00:36 AM4/16/11
to indiantreepix
Hello all
sending picture of Anacardium occidentale ( CASHEW NUT)
Picture showing fleshy peduncle with fruit
seed is edible when roasted
while fleshy peduncle is used to produce 'Kaju feni'...
A sort of alcoholic beverage... zing thing they say.. :p

--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Anacardium occidentale.jpg
Anacardium occidentale fruit with fleshy penduncle.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 16, 2011, 10:20:09 AM4/16/11
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Very Nice catch Smita Ji
The cashews look very delicious.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Smita Raskar

Apr 16, 2011, 10:32:02 AM4/16/11
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Tanay:)

Yazdy Palia

Apr 16, 2011, 10:44:43 AM4/16/11
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Nice pictures Smita. The close up of the flowers especially. They are
so small, you have taken pains to get it.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Smita Raskar

Apr 16, 2011, 12:05:42 PM4/16/11
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks its all due to Nikon D90 with Nikkor 60mm Micro lenses
and you know what these flowers are so fragrant makes environment fragrant :)

Satish Chile

Apr 18, 2011, 12:20:10 AM4/18/11
to Smita Raskar, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Very nice picture Smita ji. Seeing the fruits of Kaju I remembered my stay at Jagdalpur (Bastar). When I was posted there in my bungalow were growing 3 bit trees of Kaju full laden with fruits and I enjoyed eating the sweet ones.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Smita Raskar

Apr 18, 2011, 1:44:07 AM4/18/11
to Satish Chile, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks Satish yeah it is fun eating kaju .. Fleshy peduncle...we call it Bondu with salt :)

Neil Soares

Apr 18, 2011, 6:52:07 AM4/18/11
to Satish Chile, Smita Raskar, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Hi,
 At my houses in Bombay & Goa. Sans comments.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 4/18/11, Smita Raskar <smita....@gmail.com> wrote:
Cashew Fenny.jpg

Yazdy Palia

Apr 19, 2011, 2:22:49 AM4/19/11
to Neil Soares, Satish Chile, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Hi Neil,
The only time I tried it, I found it too harsh for me. Should try it again with advice from experts some time.
Regards
Yazdy.

Smita Raskar

Apr 19, 2011, 2:53:30 AM4/19/11
to Yazdy Palia, Neil Soares, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Hahahah...uncle went to Canada..got settled there but ask for  kaju feni from Goa India every time when someone comes
so i thought ..i should try it once ;P ..just kidding

Neil Soares

Apr 19, 2011, 9:00:32 AM4/19/11
to Yazdy Palia, Satish Chile, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Hi Yazdy,
   When you are next in Bombay be my guest. Meanwhile, you could try a large with a bottle of Limca. The only problem is.....should you get addicted I ain't responsible.
                         Regards,
                          Neil.