Request for Id: 11112010 ASP 01

shivaprakash adavanne

Nov 11, 2010, 11:42:09 AM11/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

hello,

Date/Time- 06.11.2010/ 10.00AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- TALAKAVERI, KODAGU, KARNATAKA, 4350 FT

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- WESTERN GHAT, HIGH ELEVATION GRASSLAND

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- SMALL HERB, PROCUMBENT

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regard,

a.shivaprakash

11112010 ASP 01.JPG

C KUNHIKANNAN

Nov 11, 2010, 2:42:19 PM11/11/10
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
Oldenlandia auriculata in malayalam it is called karimtharavu
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

JM Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 4:17:13 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia
11112010 ASP 01.JPG

JM Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 4:17:21 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 4:22:22 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia, siva siva

On going through Nature Loves you  FRLHT  GBIF (high resolution specimens)  Flickr  IIIM  Yi Shuen flickr site, I am having doubt about the id as Exallage auricularia (L.) Bremek. (syn: Oldenlandia auricularia (L.) K.Schum.)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

11112010 ASP 01.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 5:24:23 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia, siva siva
11112010 ASP 01.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 5:43:41 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia, siva siva
But may be some other species as I did not find any distribution in Sri Lanka.

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 5:45:41 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
But may be some other species as I did not find any distribution in South India.

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 6:40:10 AM8/18/19
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 at 16:02, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
It looks closer to Spermacoce assurgens Ruiz &Pavon. for confirmation seed need to be observed , which are transversly rugose
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 6:45:16 AM8/18/19
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
This is a syn. of synonym for Spermacoce remota Lam.
The posted image looks much different from those at Spermacoce remota

S Kasim .

Aug 19, 2019, 3:11:59 AM8/19/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
It looks like Spermacoce latifolia
with regards
S  Kasim
F1- 31, Thendral Nagar, 4th Street
Kallikuppam
Ambattur
Chennai-600053

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2019, 4:52:00 AM8/19/19
to S Kasim ., efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
Thanks, Kasim ji.
But looks different from Spermacoce alata (Spermacoce latifolia) as per images, details and references herein.

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2019, 4:54:18 AM8/19/19
to S Kasim ., efloraofindia, shivaprakash adavanne
Doe snot match any Spermacoce species so far in efi site, as per comparative images herein.

J.M. Garg

Aug 20, 2019, 7:09:01 AM8/20/19
to Neupane, Suman
Thanks a lot, Suman ji.
But on going through Nature Loves you  FRLHT  GBIF (high resolution specimens)  Flickr  IIIM  Yi Shuen flickr site, I am having doubt about the id as Exallage auricularia (L.) Bremek. (syn: Oldenlandia auricularia (L.) K.Schum.)
To me appears more closer to Exallage ulmifolia (Wall.) Bremek. (syn: Hedyotis lineata Roxb.) as per GBIF (High resolution specimens).
Pl. give your kind views.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 15:18, Neupane, Suman <suman....@uconn.edu> wrote:
Dear Mr Garg,
This plant is Exallage auricularia.

Best,
Suman

--------------------------------------
Suman Neupane

Aug 20, 2019, 11:27:27 PM8/20/19
to Neupane, Suman
Thanks a lot, Suman ji.
In that case images at Spermacoce sp.(?) from Assam-Jan 2014 & Unknown sp.- 3 from Assam. will also be of Exallage auricularia.
Kindly confirm.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 19:16, Neupane, Suman <suman....@uconn.edu> wrote:
Dear Mr. Garg,
This plant is Exallage auricularia because the cymes and flowers are sessile. Exallage ulmifolia has pedunculate cyme with pedicellate flowers.

Best,
Suman

Suman Neupane

Aug 20, 2019, 11:37:01 PM8/20/19
to Neupane, Suman
Sorry, I replied in a hurry without thinking much.