Flowering Plant | 20May2011AR01 from Bangalore

raghu ananth

May 20, 2011, 8:36:24 AM5/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Flowering Plant | 20May2011AR01 from Gollarapallya, Bangalore

Date/Time-06 May 2011 05:49PM
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Gollarapalya Bangalore
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Lake side
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Shrub
Height/Length-approx - 3.5 Meter approx
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Ellyptic, 15cms
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - 8-10cms, White, Pink
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- --NA--

Regards
Raghu

DSC_4468dBuds.jpg
DSC_4465aFlower.jpg
DSC_4466bFlowerCloseup.jpg
DSC_4467Leaves.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 20, 2011, 9:06:30 AM5/20/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
... looks like Cryptostegia grandiflora
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2011, 1:29:51 AM8/26/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Dinesh Valke, naray...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, varunv...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

DSC_4468dBuds.jpg
DSC_4465aFlower.jpg
DSC_4466bFlowerCloseup.jpg
DSC_4467Leaves.jpg

Joshi Pankaj

Aug 26, 2011, 1:34:38 AM8/26/11
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, raghu ananth, Dinesh Valke, naray...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, varunv...@gmail.com
Please go with...Cryptostegia grandiflora

Dr. Pankaj N. Joshi, Programme Coordinator
sahjeevan
175- Jalaram Society, B/h. Vishwamangal Appt.,
Vijay Nagar, Hospital Road
Bhuj-Kutch, Gujarat: 370001 (India)
Phone: 91 2832 251814, Fax: 91 2832 251914,
Mobile: 9426949523
E-mail: joshi.pn....@gmail.com
Office E-mail: sahj...@gmail.com
Website: www.sahjeevan.org

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 26, 2011, 4:56:08 AM8/26/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Dinesh Valke, naray...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, noorunni...@frlht.org, varunv...@gmail.com
I too think that this is Cryptostegia grandiflora Roxb. ex R.Br. of Apocynaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD