efloraofindia:''21102011MR1’’ Thevetia peruviana; Yellow Oleander; Peeli kaner Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 20, 2011, 11:47:08 PM10/20/11
to efloraofindia

Request for validation

?Thevetia peruviana Yellow Oleander, Lucky Nut, peeli kaner

Date/Time-Oct 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune Kalyani nagar

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- about 8 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green narrow

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- green and black

Regards

Bhagyashri

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
green fruit.jpg
green and black fruit.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 20, 2011, 11:50:05 PM10/20/11
to efloraofindia
Yes this is Thevetia peruviana but now this plant is called,

Cascabela thevetia (L.) Lippold Feddes Repert. 91: 52 1980.

Synonyms:
Cascabela peruviana (Pers.) Raf.
Cerbera linearifolia Stokes
Cerbera peruviana Pers.
Cerbera thevetia L.
Thevetia linearis Raf.
Thevetia linearis A. DC.
Thevetia neriifolia Juss. ex A.DC.
Thevetia neriifolia Juss. ex Steud.
Thevetia peruviana (Pers.) K.Schum.
Thevetia peruviana (Pers.) Merr.
Thevetia peruviana f. aurantiaca H.St.John
Thevetia thevetia (L.) H.Karst

Regards
Pankaj
>  1.jpg
> 128KViewDownload
>
>  2.jpg
> 101KViewDownload
>
>  3.jpg
> 222KViewDownload
>
>  4.jpg
> 159KViewDownload
>
>  green fruit.jpg
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  green and black fruit.jpg
> 71KViewDownload

hari lal

Oct 21, 2011, 12:10:57 AM10/21/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
very nice & i agree with Dr pankaj
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 12:45:41 AM10/21/11
to hari lal, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji for information

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Oct 21, 2011, 1:07:11 AM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
What does Cascabella mean...
bella = beautiful or some such thing...
what is casca...
and why casabella??

u di
===

On Oct 21, 9:45 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Pankaj ji for information
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > very nice & i agree with Dr pankaj
>
> > EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com

Madhuri Pejaver

Oct 21, 2011, 1:13:14 AM10/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, Efloraindia
Bitti in Marathi.
Open the dried fruit. The seed is the one with which we use to play in childhood.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:17:08 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:88789] efloraofindia:''21102011MR1’ ’ Thevetia peruviana; Yellow Oleander; Peeli kaner Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 21, 2011, 1:56:15 AM10/21/11
to formp...@gmail.com, Efloraindia
Thank you Pankaj ji for validation and the list of synonyms
Thank you Hari lal ji for appreciating
Thank you Madhuri mam for reminding me of bitti. Is it light brown in color and very smooth to touch or am I remembering something else?

Regards
Bhagyashri

H S

Oct 21, 2011, 6:43:29 AM10/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, formp...@gmail.com, Efloraindia
interesting Pankaj ji,

Now i am eager to know the status of Thevetia genus..

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Madhuri Raut

Oct 21, 2011, 7:23:10 AM10/21/11
to H S, formp...@gmail.com, Efloraindia

I found some interesting info on the net about this plant

1)A PHYLOGENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE CASCABELA–THEVETIA SPECIES COMPLEX (PLUMERIEAE, APOCYNACEAE) BASED ON MORPHOLOGY1

http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.3417/0026-6493(2007)94%5B298:APAOTC%5D2.0.CO;2

Pankaj ji This has so many botanical terms that it was tough for me but I thought it would be interesting for all the Botany experts

 2)Plants used as Patri for Vinaayaka chavithi

10 Vikataya Namaha: వికటాయ

(Sanskrit)Karaveera patra (Telugu)Genneru

Botanical name: Thevetia neerifolia/Cascabela thevitia(Family:Apocyanaceae)

A shrub found in siva temples.

http://lalithambanlr.blogspot.com/

Regards
Bhagyashri