please id the species of Artocarpus

prasanna gogate

May 31, 2011, 5:18:44 AM5/31/11
to efloraofindia
dear all
this is fruit of Artocapus taken by my friend from Karnataka. he says leaves are small like A.heterophyllus., he dont take photo. sorry for incomplete information.
DSC03469.JPG

Mayur Nandikar

Jun 1, 2011, 2:24:50 AM6/1/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia
Hello
It could be a Artocarpus incisus

--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Bapu Gosavi

Jun 19, 2011, 8:17:01 AM6/19/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia
Hi
Prasana kindly check with Artocarpus lanceifolius or A. hirsutus
As without leaves it is difficult to say. So kindly go through these 2 plants.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 4, 2011, 12:23:17 AM9/4/11
to efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary, Bapu Gosavi
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Mayur ji......................................................It could be a Artocarpus incisus

Bapu Gosavi ji............................................Prasana kindly check with Artocarpus lanceifolius or A. hirsutus
As without leaves it is difficult to say. So kindly go through these 2 plants.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

DSC03469.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 4, 2011, 1:35:34 AM9/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary, Bapu Gosavi
This is a variety of Artocarpus heterophyllus that produces small fruits.
We have one plant in our farm. The fruiting is over for this season.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures of fruits.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Vijayasankar

Sep 4, 2011, 4:20:34 PM9/4/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary, Bapu Gosavi
It looks like a Pandanus fruit to me.
http://svbaraka.com/vanuatulog.htm

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 5, 2011, 12:10:11 PM9/5/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary, Bapu Gosavi, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear Prasanna Ji,

 Please upload the leaf/ branch with leaves of the plant.

Regards
Giby

prasad dash

Sep 7, 2011, 3:15:00 AM9/7/11
to Giby Kuriakose, prasanna gogate, efloraofindia, mayur nandikar, Ritesh Choudhary, Bapu Gosavi, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
To me it looks like fruit of Pandanus odoratissimus

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

JM Garg

May 7, 2020, 2:46:33 AM5/7/20
to efloraofindia
DSC03469.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2020, 2:53:17 AM5/7/20
to efloraofindia
Is it possible to identify this Pandanus fruit ?

May 7, 2020, 3:05:27 AM5/7/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Rahul ji.

May 11, 2020, 12:08:41 AM5/11/20
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, satish pardeshi, Stephen A, radha veach, Santhan P
This will also be Artocarpus heterophyllus as per discussions at Jack fruit - a malnad variety