identification no 070711sn3

Satish Nikam

Jul 7, 2011, 3:24:55 AM7/7/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
            Kindly identify this tree,taken at Mulshi,Pune in May11
thanks
regards
satish nikam
my photos on flickr
IMG_5640-r.jpg
IMG_5647-r.jpg
IMG_5648-r.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jul 7, 2011, 4:17:44 AM7/7/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
lagerstroemia microcarpa
नाणा

H S

Jul 7, 2011, 4:42:04 AM7/7/11
to ajinkya gadave, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
To me it look more closer to Lagerstroemia parviflora, even this plant is also called as Nana in Marathi.

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Neil Soares

Jul 7, 2011, 6:17:56 AM7/7/11
to ajinkya gadave, H S, Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Hi,
 Affirmative. This is Nana [Lagerstromia parviflora]. My photographs of this are available in the archives of this group.
                   Regards,
                    Neil Soares.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jul 7, 2011, 9:17:02 AM7/7/11
to efloraofindia
This is L. microcarpa since the leaves are petiolate. In L. parviflora
the leaves are sessile. Capsule size could have been another distinct
character. Regards, Shrikant

On Jul 7, 3:17 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Affirmative. This is Nana [Lagerstromia parviflora]. My photographs of this are available in the archives of this group.
>                    Regards,
>                     Neil Soares.

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Jun 8, 2021, 3:00:15 AM6/8/21
to Satish Nikam, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Looks matching but images are not so clear !
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju