identification no 010511sn1

Satish Nikam

Jun 1, 2011, 2:36:59 AM6/1/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Kindly identify this fruit plant.taken at Mulshi,Pune in April11
thanks
regards
satish nikam
IMG_5256-r.jpg
IMG_5258-r.JPG
IMG_5264-r.jpg

Satish Chile

Jun 1, 2011, 2:54:27 AM6/1/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Careya arborea fam.Lecythidaceae
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2011, 3:05:34 AM6/1/11
to Indiantrees Pics, Satish Nikam
Hi,
 This is Meyna laxiflora [Vangueria spinosa] locally called Alu / Aaliv.
                       Regards,
                        Neil Soares.

Satish Chile

Jun 1, 2011, 3:22:40 AM6/1/11
to Neil Soares, Indiantrees Pics, Satish Nikam
Yes ur right Neil ji it may be Meyna laxiflora.

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2011, 3:26:14 AM6/1/11
to Satish Chile, Indiantrees Pics, Satish Nikam
Thank you Dr. Chile. Sending you my photographs taken at my farm at Shahapur.
                     Regards,
                       Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 6/1/11, Satish Chile <chile...@gmail.com> wrote:
Meyna laxiflora,Vangueria spinosa,Alu,Aaliv fruit.jpg
Fruit collected by Pravin Kawale.jpg

prasanna gogate

Jun 1, 2011, 4:40:09 AM6/1/11
to Neil Soares, Satish Chile, Indiantrees Pics, Satish Nikam
fruit is chopped and dry and eat in rainy season.
--
regards,
PRASANNA PADMAKAR GOGATE

C/O SUHAS GOVILKAR