Request for ID – 301110SC1

Shobha Chavda

Nov 30, 2010, 10:32:11 AM11/30/10
to indiantreepix

Request for ID –  301110SC1

Dear All,

This photo I could take on cell phone only as that time I was not having camera with me. So the picture quality is not very good ,but if someone can please identify the tree for me.

Regards,

Shobha

Date / Time – 27th Nov.. 2010 / 11.00 am.

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS – Versova,Mumbai

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Urban

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Tree

Height /Length –  about 25-30 ft.

Leaves Type / Shape / Size –

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx –

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds – Yellow coloured round ripe fruits.

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –

27112010253.jpg
27112010252.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Nov 30, 2010, 10:36:19 AM11/30/10
to Shobha Chavda, indiantreepix
looks like cordia .

Neil Soares

Nov 30, 2010, 11:55:21 AM11/30/10
to Shobha Chavda, ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
Hi,
 Agreed. This is Cordia dichotoma [C.myxa] locally called Bhokar. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this tree.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.

Shobha Chavda

Dec 1, 2010, 6:59:17 AM12/1/10
to Neil Soares, ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
Hi Ajinkya and Neil,
Thanx for the id.But howcome the fruits in this season? Normally the pickle of this fruit (Bhokar) is made in  the summer.
Regards,
Shobha

J.M. Garg

Dec 20, 2010, 7:27:56 AM12/20/10
to efloraofindia, ajinkya gadave, Neil Soares, shobha chavda

Some earlier relevant feedback:

looks like cordia .” from Ajinkya ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

27112010253.jpg
27112010252.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 13, 2011, 9:15:13 PM1/13/11
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda, Ritesh Choudhary, Rashida Atthar, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

looks like cordia .” from Ajinkya ji.

“Agreed. This is Cordia dichotoma [C.myxa] locally called Bhokar. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this tree.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.”

“Hi Ajinkya and Neil,
Thanx for the id. But how come the fruits in this season? Normally the pickle of this fruit (Bhokar) is made in  the summer.
Regards,
Shobha”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh