Palm tree for ID : 151210-AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 15, 2010, 3:17:34 AM12/15/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya at Kandy, Sri Lanka

Aarti

P1100983.JPG
P1100982.JPG
DSCN1102.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Dec 15, 2010, 4:14:02 AM12/15/10
to efloraofindia
This is Borassus sp. may be B. flabellifer showing male flowers on
male spadix. Regards, Shrikant

On Dec 15, 1:17 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya at Kandy, Sri Lanka
>
> Aarti
>
>  P1100983.JPG
> 220KViewDownload
>
>  P1100982.JPG
> 162KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN1102.JPG
> 162KViewDownload

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 15, 2010, 4:48:54 AM12/15/10
to efloraofindia
Many thanks Shrikant ji.
Aarti

On Dec 15, 1:14 pm, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> > 162KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 19, 2010, 4:31:47 AM12/19/10
to efloraofindia
This is male flower of Double coconut, Lodoicea maldivica.
Pankaj

On Dec 15, 2:48 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Shrikant ji.
> Aarti
>
> On Dec 15, 1:14 pm, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > This isBorassussp. may be B. flabellifer showing male flowers on

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 6, 2011, 1:57:27 AM1/6/11
to efloraofindia, Pankaj Kumar, R. Vijayasankar, tanay bose
Vijayasankar ji,
Thanks a lot for the Double Coconut Palm id.
Are these the male flowers that you have mentioned in my post 'Palm
tree for ID : 151210-AK-1' ?
Aarti