Solanaceae Week: Cestrum nocturnum

mani nair

Apr 9, 2011, 10:15:57 AM4/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

Sending photos of Night blooming Jasmine.  It is known as Raat rani in Hindi and blooms during night.  The flowers are highly fragrant.

Regards,

Mani.
raat-rani2.jpg

mani nair

Apr 9, 2011, 10:17:03 AM4/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, forgot to mention place and date.
Place :  Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Date  :  14th November 2009

Regards,

Mani.

formp...@yahoo.com

Apr 9, 2011, 11:45:57 AM4/9/11
to mani nair, Efloraindia
Maniji
By any chance have you attached photo of Din ka raja? Instead of rat ki rani?
Flower shape differs.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: mani nair <mani....@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 19:45:57 +0530
Subject: [efloraofindia:66797] Solanaceae Week: Cestrum nocturnum

Mahadeswara

Apr 10, 2011, 1:02:59 AM4/10/11
to efloraofindia
Cestrum diurnum :White Chocolate Jasmine, Inkberry, Day Blooming
Jasmine. .Unlike Night Blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum), this one
is most fragrant during the day: flowers have very strong chocolate
scent, as good as fragrance of famous Portlandia.
>  raat-rani2.jpg
> 97KViewDownload

mani nair

Apr 10, 2011, 4:51:55 AM4/10/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes Madhuri ji, it is Din ka Raja. It is my mistake.  Thanks Mahadeswara ji for the correct ID.
Regards,
Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 10, 2011, 10:12:47 PM4/10/11
to mani nair, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes Cestrum diurnum. I had also uploaded it during the week.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Apr 11, 2011, 3:22:03 AM4/11/11
to Gurcharan Singh, mani nair, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji
I am adding my pictures in the same thread hopefully of the same species(?)
IMG_8597s.jpg

Akhilesh Sharma

Aug 21, 2015, 12:33:11 AM8/21/15
to efloraofindia
Sir, great to see thi group. I'm looking for seeds and plant of cestrum diurnum (din ka raja) but did not got it in nurseries nearby. Can you help me procuring seeds of this plant and couple of plants. I'll be greatly obliged. Please also let me know if any other member of the group can help me regarding this. I'm putting up in Rohini area of Delhi.