Gentiana..?? Kalatope Al170311a

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 17, 2011, 11:37:13 AM3/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
The last Gentiana I had put up was G. depressa.. this one looks almost
the same but I think it might be different since there are more than one
flower on it and the leaves seem smaller and greener to me...

Location Kalatope, Chamba dist.
Altitude 2100 mt
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 3 inches

Regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

DSCN5813.jpg
DSCN5814.jpg
DSCN5802.jpg

manudev madhavan

Mar 18, 2011, 8:59:17 AM3/18/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Could this be G.pedicellata???? Only a wild guess..!!!
--
Manudev K Madhavan
Junior Research Fellow

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 20, 2011, 10:48:05 AM3/20/11
to manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Manu ji,
Perhaps this photo should help... my fault.. as Gurcharan ji once told
me to always put a photo of the herb...
Thank a lot
regards
Alok
On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 05:59 -0700, manudev madhavan wrote:
> pedicellata
DSCN5804.jpg

manudev madhavan

Mar 23, 2011, 7:04:11 AM3/23/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Alokji,

Its not G. pedicellata..though it looked alike from the top..

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 23, 2011, 8:49:45 AM3/23/11
to manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Manu ji, welll... then back to square one... G.
depressa (according to my FOH) is supposed to have solitary flowers...
so I thought it might be something different... but...

Regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2011, 9:08:01 AM3/23/11
to Alok Mahendroo, manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Alok ji
Even I was not comfortable with G. pedicellata which is a delicate and longer plant. I would suggest G. carinata, if flowers are shorter than 1.5 cm.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 24, 2011, 12:08:57 PM3/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
It does seem so, sir...
regards
Alok
DSCN6187.jpg

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 25, 2011, 1:31:35 PM3/25/11
to Gurcharan Singh, manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
G. carinata? I thought it was darker... but of course in this one too
the flower shuts itself... if it is in the shadows.
Regards
Alok

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 18:38 +0530, Gurcharan Singh wrote:
> G. carinata

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2011, 4:14:42 AM7/3/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, manudev madhavan

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Perhaps this photo should help... my fault.. as Gurcharan ji once told

me to always put a photo of the herb...
Thank a lot
regards

Alok”

“Its not G. pedicellata..though it looked alike from the top..” from Manudev ji.

“Even I was not comfortable with G. pedicellata which is a delicate and longer plant. I would suggest G. carinata, if flowers are shorter than 1.5 cm.” from Singh ji.

"It does seem so, sir...
regards
Alok"

"G. carinata? I thought it was darker... but of course in this one too
the flower shuts itself... if it is in the shadows.
Regards
Alok"

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSCN5813.jpg
DSCN5814.jpg
DSCN5802.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2017, 10:58:09 AM6/3/17
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, manudev madhavan
I think Gentiana pedicellata (D. Don) Griseb. only as per images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSCN5813.jpg