Need ID of flowering plant

Satheesh

Jun 9, 2011, 1:20:25 PM6/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Last Sunday during my cycle ride to Turahalli Forest, Off Kanakapura Road near Bangalore ... found this flowering plant that I have never seen.
Looking for identification.

--
Regards,
Satheesh Amilineni

DSC00083.JPG
DSC00082.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Jun 10, 2011, 1:35:24 AM6/10/11
to efloraofindia
Allamanda blanchetii A.DC.

Family: Apocynaceae.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Na Bha

Jun 10, 2011, 7:26:53 AM6/10/11
to Satheesh, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Satheesh ji,
experts have provided the ID.
I read FORward150. I am glad that people have started riding bicycle and
are trying to keep the pollution low and getting aware about the traffic
rules.
When I was living in Pune, it was a city of cyclists. Now I watch cars
and twowheelers there. The pollution is high and traffic rules are not
always observed. I am afraid of driving in Pune, even crossing the road
on foot is very difficult.
I have observed a very strange thing. I met some people there, who had
spent some time in Germany. In Germany they followed the traffic rules.
We should start this in India too, they said, when they were here. Back
in Pune everything was forgotten.
Perhaps they follow the rule: "do in Rom what the Romans do".
By riding bicycle you save fuel, help reduce the pollution and do
something for your fitness too. You have time to observe your
surroundings, can stop at any place, without disturbing others, don't
need a big parking facility.
Keep it up, and motivate others to join you!
Nalini

Satheesh

Jun 10, 2011, 7:37:25 AM6/10/11
to Na Bha, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh for the info.

Nalini Ji,
We (COCO - Cyle On Cycle Onwards) have started initiative to promote cycling by inspiring/motivating people to take up cycling. Each member in our team has target of 1 person per month and I have set myself 5 per month and doing it successfully for past 4 months.
This month already inspired 3 people to buy cycle and start commuting.

City Corporation coming up with 1000kms of bicyle lanes in Bangalore.
First public bicycle stand being inaugurated by Transport Minister on this Sunday.
Local city buses (Volvos A/c) are having bicycle carriers.
BBC (Bangalore Bykers Club) is organizing Bangalore Brevets and week ends long rides, etc. Many other clubs are active and organizing awesome rides in Coorg, Western Ghats, Himalayas, etc.

Comparison between rules followed in Germany and India ... here is the doc you may love to watch [digged out from my docs archive].

regards
Satheesh
PS - I apologize for OT but its good for everybody to know that Bangalore is fast catching up with cycling. :-)